• Ireland’s population is between 4 and 5 million
• The Republic of Ireland forms part of the E.U.
• Ireland’s only neighbouring country is Northern
Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom.
• Ireland is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.
The Irish Flag
The Irish flag has three vertical
stripes. The three colours are green,
white and orange.
Ireland’s most important river is
the River Shannon.
Ireland’s most important monuments
are Newgrange and Blarney Castle.
Ireland is also famous for its beautiful
scenery and landscapes.
The Cliffs of Moher:
The Giant’s Causeway:
There are many mountains in Ireland. The most
famous mountains are The Sperrin, The Wicklow
mountains and Croagh Patrick.
THE TWO LANGUAGES SPOKEN IN IRELAND ARE
IRISH GAELIC AND ENGLSIH. THE NATIVE IRISH
LANGAUGE, GAELIC, IS TAUGH IN PRIMARY AND
SECONDARY SCHOOLS AND IS SPOKEN ON A
DAILY BASIS IN THE GAELTACHT AREAS.
THE MOST IMPORTANT FESTIVAL IN
IRELAND IS ST. PATRICK’S DAY
• It rains almost every day.
• It’s always cloudy.
• It’s hardly ever sunny.
• It’s usually windy.