1. Bing Webmaster Tool http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster Yahoo Site Explorer essentially moved everything to Bing Webmaster Tools.However, the only issue is that you can only get link data for the sites that you own now.
2. BacklinkWatch.comBacklinkWatch.com greatly helps you to know every bit about your inbound links.It includes anchor text, pagerank, quality of backlinks by finding total outbound links.
3. Open Site Explorer by SEOmoz.org OpenSiteExplorer.org is an excellent alternative to Yahoo Site Explorer, because its free and it provides link data for any URL you want to check.
4. Majestic SEO http://www.majesticseo.com/reports/site-explorer Majestic SEO gives some basic data for free, but has one of the largest index of linksout there, and has some very in depth analysis tools if you are willing to pay for them.
5. SEO SpyGlass Software SEO Spyglass is one such program and so far, it looks really good. The software basically works to analyze a website and show you, in great detail, where they are getting their backlinks from.
6. ahrefs.com http://www.majesticseo.com/reports/site-explorer Ahrefs Site Explorer is a pretty decent service. Its a free tool for your first 10 requests per day without having to sign up.
7. blekko.com http://www.majesticseo.com/reports/site-explorer Blekko will definitely rise in popularity. A lot of search engines already knew theshutdown of YSE and yet only Blekko stood up to try and eat up the market that YSE has, in the aspect of its free and quick backlink-spying capabilities.
8. SEOattack.orgAt SEOAttack.org you can research your competition in a quick and simple manner.But sometimes they never update the script, so sometimes they show wrong value when I start explore our backlinks there.
9. Exalead.com/search/ Exalead looks like a promising tool in replacement of Yahoo Site Explorer.It’s not really a popular tool/search engine – which is quite shocking because it gives out good backlink data. You have to type in link:your-domain-name.com in order to get the list of backlinks of that site.
I would be interested in hearingyour thoughts on these alternatives!
Did I miss a good alternative?What insights do you have to share on this subject?