Stick the sentences under the correct column.
DEATH IS THE WORST BECAUSE SEPARATION IS THE WORST BECAUSE
Work in groups
Group A defend the idea of ‘death is worst’
Group B defend the idea of ‘separation is worst’
Work in groups. Group A group B.There are 14 lines in the poem. The
lines are given in jumbled order. 2 members of the each group will Look
at the pictures on the wall and help their group members to put the
lines into correct order.
• Fill in the blanks with appropriate words from the box.
• 1- There is still a …………. of hope that she might be found alive.
• 2- They're …………… for a few weeks in the summer.
• 3- The …………. in the society can easily be observed by the behaviors of the
• 4- He is still ……….. for his wife.
• 5- Let us …………for all the sick children.
• 6- The doctor ………. his professor about the case of the patient.
• 7- When I was a child, my father went to many ……….countries.
Go away Grieve Corruption Far away Vestige Pray Counsel
odd one out
1- Late pray leave our
2- Understand land had hand
3- Remember thoughts afterwards understand
4- Remind recall remember review
5- Darkness corruption grieve pray
Choose the correct rhyme for each word.
• PRAY : away, fly, cry
• SMILE: aisle, tale, tail
• GRIEVE: retrieve, strive, arrive
• LATE: isolate, doctorate, consulate
Find the antonyms from the poem
Fill in the blanks with one of the following words.
yet when Only than If or
1-I found it ………. I was cleaning out the cupboards.
2-We'll have the party in the garden ………. the weather's good.
3-The house will take two ………. three years to complete.
4-It cost less ………… I expected.
5-turkish government is experiencing some economical difficulties and ……….. no measures have been taken.
6- …………. those who experienced training sessions will be taken into the consideraation for job application.
Put the questions below under the correct
• Who loves who more in this poem? Can you tell for sure?
• Is the speaker serious when she tells her beloved that it is better to forget her?
• Does the speaker seem like one of those live-in-the-past types to you? Why or why not?
• What do you make of the fact that the word "death" never appears in this poem? What effect does
death love Memory and the past