● Selenium-cucumber is a behavior driven development (BDD) approach to
write automation test script to test Desktop Web and Android Web, Apps .
● It enables you to write and execute automated acceptance, unit tests.
● It is cross-platform, open source and free.
● Automate your test cases with minimal coding.
● Code efficient and time efficient.
● Get well formatted test reports.
What is selenium-cucumber?
● Its a combination of Selenium-Webdriver and Cucumber
● Everybody knows about Selenium-Webdriver. Need to explain?
● About cucumber - it's plain text DSL which follows Given, When Then
● Appium is an open source test automation framework for automating
native, hybrid and mobile web apps
● Appium is “cross-platform” it allows you to write tests against multiple
platforms (iOS, Android)
● It uses JSON wire protocol internally to interact with iOS and Android
native apps using the Selenium WebDriver.
Setting up things
● Ruby 1.9.3 or 2.0.0
● Selenium-Cucumber gem version >= 2.1.2
● Android SDK API >= 17
● Java (Required for Android SDK)
Get Selenium-Cucumber gem
gem install selenium-cucumber