• In India it is one of the largest in the world
and one of the fastest growing globally
• Until the 1930s, cars were imported
directly, but in very small numbers
• About 91% of the vehicles sold are used by
households and only about 9% for
• Two wheelers with a market share of over
76.49%, passenger cars with a market
share of about 15.96% &Commercial
vehicles and three wheelers share about
7.55% of the market between them
• In 2009, India emerged as the fourth
largest exporter of automobiles
Pre 1940 1980 1993-2007
evolution of India
as a global
• Growth of market
limited by supply
• Outdated models
• Hindustan Motors
• Ashok Leyland
• Mahindra &
Japanisation - GOI-
Suzuki joint venture to
form Maruti Udyog
• Joint ventures with
• Maruti Udyog
• Hindustan Motors
• Ashok Leyland
• Mahindra & Mahindra
Delicensing of sector
• Global major OEMs
start assembly in India
(Toyota, GM, Ford,
• Imports allowed from
April 2001; alignment
of duty on components
and parts to ASEAN
• Implementation of
• Established in 1981.
• Joint venture agreement with Suzuki.
• Maruti is the highest volume car
• Modernization of the Indian Automobile
• Production of fuel-efficient vehicles to
conserve scarce resources.
• Production of large number of motor vehicles
which was necessary for economic growth
Segment and Brand
• Four Wheelers
• Maruti 800
• Maruti Alto
• Maruti Baleno
• Maruti Esteem
• Maruti Gypsy King
• Maruti Omni
• Maruti Suzuki SX4
• Maruti Swift
• Maruti Versa
• Maruti Kazasi
• Hyundai Motor India Limited
• Tata Motors
• Mahindra & Mahindra
There are number of products ( models )
Of Maruti are in the market. Some of the
models are given below:-
M – 800, Zen, Esteem, Omni, Alto, Gypsy,
Wagonr,Grand Vitara etc. These products are
divided on the basis of product quality,
variety, design, features etc.
They define different factors:
The quality of product.
The product variety from different
The size of the car according to current or
future market conditions.
The car features to the customer
like, car looking very good.
The price of the Maruti car is
Rs. 210000 to Rs. 1500000. Maruti
– 800 is the lowest price car of this
company. Alto, Omni, Wagonr, are
also the low price car of the company,
Zen & Esteem are the mid price car of
the company. But Grand Vitara is the
high price model of the company . The
price of car are decided according to
its product Varity, quality, design etc.
The place of the car is in the whole world.
Maruti Udyog Limited decides its distribution
channels for selling car, like use some time
one level or some time two level marketing
channels. They decide areas in which they
deal with customers. They show the
permanent location for selling the car. They
provide the many useful inventory. they define
the transport facility of the company for
company to market and market to consumers.
Many showroom of Maruti udyog limited is in
Main promotion of car is done by the
Advertising. The advertising is mainly
done in the form of different T.V.
channels, different newspaper, holdings
etc. Now days the main promotion is
done by the brand ambassadors such
as film stars, celebrities, sportsmen, etc.
And in this case they decide his actual
or required sales forces for selling its
car. And they maintain customer
SWOT Analysis of Maruti Udyog
Japanese Management practices
After sale services
Diversification & R&D
Still depends upon SUZUKI COPORATION
10% components are manufactured outside
Still considered as poor man’s brand
Unaccustomed to international standards or
first company to roll out suitably Designed
cars before 2008 as per Govt.’s Proposal of
new ethanol (renewable)
Other companies lacks economy of scale
Untapped rural market
Numbers of new Technology driven players
and manufactures are in market
Reduction in subsidies by government on
Changing environmental and emission
Higher local taxes
Maruti and CRM
• Maruti created a land-mark in CRM.
• Maruti is investing a lot of money and effort in
building customer loyalty programs.
Maruti True Value Out let
Maruti has aided customers by providing them the
facility to bring their vehicle to a 'Maruti True Value'
outlet and exchange it for a new car, by paying the
difference. They are offered loyalty discounts in return.
This helps them retain the customer.
Maruti Call Center
Maruti has proper customer complain
handling cell under the CRM dept. The
CIC will help MUL rapidly build an
information pool of over 3 million Maruti
owners as well as that of its prospective.
Maruti on Road Services
• Round-the-clock services in most of the cities.
• A computerized call-monitoring system
dispatches a mobile MOS Vento the customer
at the earliest.
Market Research Department
• Their Market Research department remains
on its toes to study the changing consumer
behavior and market needs.
• Maruti enjoys 70%repeat buyers which further
bolsters their claim of being customer friendly
Availability of easy finance
• Maruti has also made the customer experience
hassle free and helped building customer
satisfaction by developing different revenue
streams in the form of Maruti Insurance and
Maruti finance .
Other advantages: which help in CRM
• A Buying Experience Like No Other :
• Maruti Suzuki has a sales network of 307
state-of –the art show rooms across 189
cities, with a workforce of over 6000 trained
sales personnel to guide MUL customers in
finding the right car.
Quality Service Across 1036 Cities
• In the J.D. Power CSI Study Maruti Suzuki scored
the highest across all 7 parameters:
• 1.least problems experienced with vehicle
• 2.highest service quality.
• 3. best in-service experience.
• 4.best service delivery.
• 5.best service advisor experience.
• 6. most user-friendly service and,
• 7.best service initiation experience.
One Stop Shop
• At Maruti Suzuki, customers will find all car
related needs met under one roof. Whether it
is easy finance, insurance, fleet management
services, exchange - Maruti Suzuki is set to
provide a single-window solution for all car
The Low Cost Maintenance
• The acquisition cost is unfortunately not the
only cost customers face when buying a car.
Not so in the case of a Maruti Suzuki. It is in
the economy segment that the affordability of
spares is most competitive, and it is here
where Maruti Suzuki shines.
Lowest Cost of Ownership
• The highest satisfaction ratings with regard to
cost of ownership among all models are all
Maruti Suzuki vehicles: Zen, Wagon R, Esteem,
Maruti 800, Alto and Omni.
CRM Through Social Relationship
• In 1999 Launch of Maruti – Suzuki innovative
traffic beat in Delhi and Chennai as social
• Maruti Driving School-Available in all major
cities. Lady trainer for lady customer.
• All these CRM strategies have helped MUL
maintain its existing customers and generate