Is multitasking improving our
By: Soon Chia
• Being able to execute more than one task at the same
• Handling more than two tasks simultaneously.
It happens to us on a daily basis, be it at work or at home.
• the ratio of the quantity and quality of units produced to
the labor per unit of time.
It’s easy to misunderstood both terms when used at the
same time (no pun intended).
• Productivity increases when more tasks are being done
in a shorter time.
Trick here is, more and less.
Multitasking does not mean more tasks are getting done.
It means more tasks are being handled at the same time.
• Be it at work or at home, we tend to want to achieve
more in shorter time.
• However, multitasking has hampered our process of
• Employers wanting to increase productivity, ask
employees to do more jobs instead of focusing on what
they’re really supposed to do.
• Productivity decreases
• Quality of live decreases
• In the long run, the whole economy suffers. Less jobs
• Watching television whilst talking to your children. Not
enough attention is paid to the children, which is our
• You probably thought you’ve spent enough time with your
children but no you didn’t, sadly.
• More time will be spent on multitasking. Efficiency
reduces. Quality of the final product follow suit.
• The major issue here is we’re not fully consumed with the
things that we do.
• As we get caught up trying to achieve so much, it has
distracted us from what we really aim to achieve. We are
indeed chasing our tails.
• Time is scarce. Spend it wisely and rightly.
• I hope people could start living happier lives with
increase quality in living.
• Hope you weren’t doing anything else while enjoying this
presentation. Thanks again.