Alexandru Tita NicolescuFilip Iusein BogdanProf. Ion Tita Nicolescu• “Regina Maria” School
Arges County CouncilGolesti Viticulture and Tree Growing MuseumCONTACTAdresa: Goleşti-Ştefăneşti, jud. Argeş, RomâniaTel: 0248/266364, fax: 0248/265148e-mail: email@example.com: www.muzeulgolesti.roVisiting hours:Tuesday - Sunday, between 8.00 – 16.00winter and 9.00 – 18.00 in the summer.
General presentationGoleşti Museum was established in 1939, by Law no. 296/7 June, promulgated by RoyalDecree signed by Charles II. Originally called “Dinicu Golescu Museum " heritage museumcontaining medieval assembly of nobles Golescu consisting of: Golesti Mansion, Public FreeSchool, Watchtower, Radu Golescu infirmary, Turkish bath, outbuildings mansion thatshelters the Ethnography and Folk Art of Arges County and History Department of Golescuboyars.Conacul Goleştilor văzut pe la 1890
The manorBuilt in 1640 by the great landlord Stroe Leurdeanu and his wife Vişa Golescu, this "greatand elegant palace" is the only building with laic - fortified character from that period. Destroyed byfire in 1716, the mansion was rebuilt by the landlord Radu Golescu in the late eighteenth century.Towards the end of the nineteenth century medieval assembly collapsed. His currentappearance is due to competent restorations made between 1942-1943 and 1960-1961.Jupan Stroe Leurdeanu şi jupâniţa Vişa, ctitorii conacului de la Goleşti
Guest roomFurnished in baroque style it served, in the nineteenth century, as a lounge room to receiveguests. Here are exhibited paintings of prominent members of the family: Radu Golescu (the ban),Dinicu Golescu, Iordache Golescu, Niculăiţă Golescu and Zinca Golescu.In western corner of the room, there is a harpsichord, kept in memory of Franz Liszt, pianist andcomposer.
Work chamber of Golescu brothersIt is the only room that retains the characteristics of the original building from 1640.Baroque furniture and paintings on the walls evoke the activity of Golescu brothers in therevolution from 1848 (Ştefan, Nicolae, Radu and Alexander – The White) and their cousin, AlexandruG. Golescu, friend and collaborator of Bălcescu, the leader of the revolution.
Zinca Golescu chamberRemarkable personality of the nineteenth century, Zinca Golescu, wife of Constantin (Dinicu)Golescu. She has been actively involved in the revolution of 1848.
Anica şi Carol Davila chamberFrench doctor Carol Davila was married to Ana Racoviţă the niece of the great landlordConstantin Golescu and becomes Romanian citizen in 1866. He contributed to the development ofRomanian medical education, creating the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest andRomanian Red Cross Society.Anica and Carol Davila are the parents of Alexander Davila a great Romanian playwriter.
Turkish roomIn the XVII century, when the mansion was built, Romanian countries were dependent on theOttoman Empire, fact which determines the appearance in the manors of oriental rooms to receptionand accommodation for Turkish messengers.
History exhibitionIt evokes the place and role of Golescu family inRomanian history.Constantin (Dinicu) Golescu (1777-1830)Ethnography and Folk Art ExhibitionReflects the crafts practiced in Arges county, from the earliesttimes to the present.
Turkish bathBuilt in the late eighteenth century, the turkish bath fromGoleşti is the only building of its kind from Romania, which iskept in full.Old hospitalIt was a hospital for the poor, built by lord Radu Golescu, in the eighteenthcentury.
Public Free SchoolEstablished in 1826 by Constantine (Dinicu) Golescu it is the first rural school with freeeducation in Romanian language, accessible to all social groups of children.
Tudor Vladimirescu’s WatchtowerTudor Vladimirescu was the leader of the 1821 Revolution. In this place being arrested on thenight of 20/21 May 1821.
The Goleşti ChurchThe church, dedicated to the "Holy Trinity", was built in 1646 by master Stoica and it waserected on the order of Stroe Leurdeanu and his wife, Vişa from Goleşti. The church is thenecropolis of Golescu family.
The Open Air section of the museum was established in 1966. Its location within the MuseumGoleşti, close to feudal constructions, resized the heritage value of our institution, providing anational and European significance.The Open Air Section is divided into two main topics:1.Geographical representation for fruit-wine farms in Romania, including houses, annexes, fruit-winetools and specific traditional costumes;2. Specialized sector, it consists of construction and temporary shelters located on both sides of theroad through the center of the vineyard or orchard.