A Startup Founder
• Works before the money is available
• Will do ANY job proactively
• Is not afraid to share ideas *ideas are cheap!
• Communicates effectively *EQ
• Celebrates mistakes! *failing faster is cheaper!
• Intelligence, Drive & Integrity
The Art of Interviewing
- Learn about the early adopter’s problems
- Don’t talk about your solution
- Not a pitch to sell your product – focus on learning
- Confirm the MUST-HAVE PROBLEM
- Use a Demo to test if your solution is what the user wants
- Test pricing
Customer Development Guide
Who is your primary User? (only talk to relevant people!)
What do you need to test? (problem hypothesis)
How will you test your assumptions?
What will you ask during the interview/experiment?
How will you measure success?
Use high resolution
words per slide
Understanding of USERS and their PROBLEM
Product/service idea (unique value proposition, technology, features)
Market Understanding (size, competition, impact potential)
Business Model (revenue model, go-to-market strategy)
3 min to PITCH
2 min Q&A + feedback
1. Keep working on your idea
2. Find a co-founder if you think it
would be valuable for your business
3. Get a mentor and LAUNCH your
4. 12-week accelerator program
5. Create entrepreneurship community
in Kakuma with weekly meetups.
“Choose a job you love,
and you will never have
to work a day in
- Confucius (Chinese philosopher)
“Whether you think you can, or you think
you can’t - you’re right!” - Henry Ford
Good luck with your entrepreneurial journey!