SEO Stands for:
Super Exciting Opportunities
January 28, 2020
For everyone at OOTS to have a general understanding of SEO (and how, if
considered early on, it can improve and inform creative strategies and
What can you
expect to learn
1. What is SEO, and why is it
2. Search intent & keyword
3. On-page SEO
4. How to integrate SEO into your
5. Practical SEO for Youtube
6. How to use the tools
All that in 45 minutes?!
DAYUM! Let’s get to work!
What is SEO?
It’s the practice of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic, as
well as exposure to your brand, through non-paid (also known as "organic")
search engine results.
Or in other words…
SEO is the practice
of getting your
content to appear
on page 1 of
Google for relevant
Why is SEO Important?
● 57% of Australians use Voice Search
● 20% of mobile queries are voice searches
● 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing organic presence is a
top inbound marketing priority
● Including a video in a post increases organic traffic from search results by
Of all web traffic comes through search engines
of users never scroll past the first page of search results
of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search
A better goal is...
But that’s for another
Let’s talk about
● What are people
● What are they
expecting to see in the
● What are they
expecting to see once
they click on a result?
Intent is arguably the single most
important consideration when
performing keyword research.
Keyword research - the long and
short of it...
1. Understand the intent of the humans you are trying to target
2. Establish a seed keyword or words
3. Identify top search queries related to your seed word(s) (short tail)
4. Perform competitor analysis (what non-brand search queries are your top
competitors ranking for)
5. Dig deeper into related searches (longtail)
6. Build your database (keyword bank) and organise by search volume and
7. Prioritise and then create!
● Meta title
● Headings (H1, H2,
● Body copy
● Image alt tags
● Title (arguably the most important)
● Description (300-500 words)
● Tags (at least 10)
● Actual content (YouTube is listening)
● Transcription (do it. Always.)
● Channel authority (quality of content, frequency of posting, optimisation of
How could you use your
understanding of SEO to be more