Small fysical libraries disappear of merge Larger organisations are created for digital services and content
We have no budget, only for some support (policy advisor / secretary) Board of 3 members, serving 3 years Open Access: We all have repositories OA policies differ per institution OA Working Group Now tying OA into License negotiations
2013 02-21 anja smit
Library Collaboration in
Feb 21, 2013
When Are We Successful?
• Buying Power: Big Deals, OCLC
• Collaboration brings better services: one platform for
digitized collections in NL
• Innovating together
• Agreements on coordinating fysical collections
• Royal Library has E-Depot, coordinates digitization,
plays increasingly a central role, linking pin between
public and academic libraries
What Lies Further Ahead?
• Our users are in the cloud
• Discovery in the public and/or community cloud
• Metadata for e-content by publishers
• Metadataproduction in libraries for unique materials
• Collaboration in the back office processes
• Transition to Open Access? Green or Gold?
• Focus on services instead of access to information