Mollie Bodensteiner, How to Build a Winning Marketing Technology Stack
With the accelerated growth of marketing technology providers, how do savvy marketing leaders avoid random acts of technology purchases? This interactive presentation will help marketers identify and invest the right technology platforms to drive their marketing efforts forward.
Advertising & Promotion
Content & Experience
Social & Relationships
Commerce & Sales
170% Average Annual Growth Between 2011 and
2015 – Scott Brinker
51% of Organizations use 21+ digital
Marketing solutions – Econsultancy
87% of Marketers Believe MarTech is Improving
Performance – Ascend2
50-65% of Marketing Executives Plan to Spend
More on MarTech, 28% Plan to Increase Spend
by More Than 25% - Conductor
• Document Current Technologies
• Align to Funnel Stage
• Where does it fit in the buying process?
• Review Usage
• Who is using it, and why?
• Could usage be expanded? Is it siloed?
• Evaluate Performance
• Does it work? Does it talk to other systems?
• Is it reliable?
• What is the lifespan?
• What Data Does it Provide?
• What sources?
• What decisions can be made from it?
• What is the Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI)?
Assess Current State
Definition: The business process
your organization uses to
generate, transition & nurture
prospects from marketing through
sales on the journey to becoming
“You’ve got to start with the
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE and
work back toward technology”
- Steve Jobs
People Process Technology
People, Process, Technology
• What are the user needs?
• (Stakeholders, champions, opposition)
• Who owns the process?
• Who must be involved?
• What are their goals?
• How will they fix the problem?
• Do you have the right people in the right roles?
• What starts the chain of actions?
• What are the big steps from start to finish?
• How will we know if it is working?
• How is it going to be used?
• What training is needed?
• How will it be optimized?
• How will the technology support the process?
• What can be automated?
• How will success be defined?
• How will success be tracked and measured?
• Expected ROMI?
• What problem will the technology solve?