LEAD Brevard's Leadership Brevard Class of 2019 Leadership Action Project
This project will create a dependable method of reaching and recruiting a robust pool of individuals with disabilities (IWD) to fill all current open positions in a timely manner. One of Brevard Achievement Center’s key strategic growth goals is to double employment outcomes for IWD from 2017-2021; which means employment for 1,702 persons with disabilities (900 more than current).
Brevard Achievement Center “Creative Solutions to Improve Recruiting of Potential Employees with Qualified Disabilities”
Class of 2019
Who is BAC?
● 27th Largest Employer in
● 14 Federal Contract Sites
● An average of 75% of the labor
hours on our contacts are
mandated to be performed by
individuals with significant
● Largest employer of individuals
● Competitive wages (well above
minimum wage), benefits, full and part
time, flexible schedules, 401K
● Exciting Places to work such as:
● Kennedy Space Center
● VA Clinic
● Patrick Air Force Base
● Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
What is the Need?
■ 2,600 individuals with disabilities
in Brevard are unemployed
(individuals who are actively seeking jobs)
■ An additional 27,000have
given uptheir job search
or are unable to work.
BAC consistently has an average of 25 open job
postings that need to be filled by individuals with
disabilities. What is the disconnect?
What is BAC’s Goal?
Double employment outcomes for
individuals with disabilities from
2017 to 2021.
This growth will mean employment
for 1,702 persons with disabilities
(900 more than current).
What BAC has already started
● On-boarded a new VP of HR with
broader experience in recruitment and
● Created a new HR position - Recruiter;
filled the role with candidate with
significant corporate recruitment
● Updated website application process;
streamlined questions and process to
make application more user friendly
● Started recruitment collateral
Some needs we have identified
● Continuing to updating website to make applying simple and easy
● Finding and using recruitment tool
● Creating a marketing budget for recruitment efforts
● Creating collateral for leave behinds and for job fairs
● A process to communicate with current employees (email list, message
board...) - especially for a referral program
● Utilizing Facebook jobs more
● Marketing to create more awareness
● We reached out to over 60 physicians in the area who knew of BAC but
had no idea how to inform their patients of how to utilize BAC’s services.
Ideas for Solutions
Our research shows that most of the
target audience have phones and
We recommend compiling an email list
and sending monthly or even weekly
Email Newsletter with
Hot New Jobs!
Ideas for Solutions
Our research shows our target audience often uses public transportation
because of a disability that might hinder their ability to drive or own a car.
Interior Advertisement Information:
Interior cards: $500 every 4 weeks for an annual contract. Includes one card in 30 SCAT buses
on fixed routes.
Ideas for Solutions
Our research shows that most of the physicians
(over 60 offices) in the area we called know about
BAC but they do not know how to give their patients
the Information they need to utilize BAC’s services.
Rack Card / Leave Behind
With the help of Rock Paper Simple we have created
a simple, fun way to present the application process
and the benefits of careers with BAC and more!
We recommend distributing a supply at doctor’s
offices, schools and businesses that can hand these
out to potential applicants!
● Creating a referral program
● Applying for grants
● Ad campaign idea - "What does success look like"
● Building a Facebook audience and running ads
● Utilizing Facebook jobs and their 1755 followers
● Local radio advertising
We enjoyed working with BAC and we are excited to
see them use our recommended solutions and
continue to fill the need for jobs to the disabled in both
Brevard and throughout the USA.
Please join us in spreading the awareness of the
services BAC has to offer!