Advertising and Music. Music and Advertising. As the music industry transitions and flips from a mainly physical/download business to a streaming/subscription business so do associated industries like advertising. The panel discussion will explore how digital marketing and advertising techniques and strategies have greatly shifted as the music industry shifts from driving a product to driving engagement. Together our panelists have been exploring, experimenting and developing new techniques and strategies to create engaging content that serves as an advertising vehicle ultimately driving engagement with music.
▪ As the music industry transitions from a mainly physical/download business to a
streaming/subscription business so do associated industries like advertising.
▪ Digital marketing, advertising strategies and techniques have ‘flipped’ and shifted from
a purely click rate model to an engagement model.
▪ These panelists have been exploring, experimenting and developing new techniques
and strategies that ultimately drives engagement with music.
ENGAGEMENT = ENGAGEMENT
VP, Marketing –
Objectives have changed . . . How and why?
▪ From one song to full playlists
▪ Email targeting vs. fan engagement
▪ ‘Like Artists’ to ‘Similar Audiences &
▪ Linkfire: One platform, all partners
FULL FUNNEL TRACKING & ATTRIBUTION
EVERY INTERACTION CAN BE TARGETED AS
AUDIENCES . . .
Adapting the message and the creative to the audience & context.
Target fans of the artist, related
artists and retarget the “bounced”
Retarget visitors who previously
clicked through to a service
Target a scaled audience based off visitors
who have a shown purchase intent
Driving known fans - audiences 1,2,3 …
to buy concert tickets