Tutor: Paolo Pareti
Slides available from http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s1054760/tutorials/irr/2014/index.htm
Date # Milestones
Thu 5th Feb 1st Tutorial
Thu 12th Feb 2nd Tutorial First ideas
Thu 19th Feb No tutorial Innovative Learning Week
Thu 26th Feb 3rd Tutorial Outline of the IRP
Thu 5th Mar 4th Tutorial Outline + key concepts
Thu 12th Mar 5th Tutorial All main sections with content
Thu 19th Mar 6th Tutorial All sections with content
Thu 26th Mar 7th Tutorial All main sections complete
Thu 2nd Apr 8th Tutorial Full draft
● Friday the 10th of April (8 days from now!)
● 2 hard copies to ITO
● electronic PDF submission on submit.ac.uk
○ Using the same account you used for IRR,
IRP should now appear as an extra assignment.
○ Please check that you can correctly access the submission
system in advance! If you still have problems by next Monday, let
● It will be marked within a few weeks from the submission.
● However, you will not know about the final PASS/FAIL decision until
the meeting of the Board of Examiners.
Weekly Report and Peer Review
First part: Read somebody’s else IRP.
● Write comments.
● Prepare some questions to ask during their report.
Second part: Progress report.
● One-minute summary of your proposal.
● What have you done since the last tutorial?
● You are strongly encouraged to ask your supervisor for feedback on
your near-final IRP before the final submission.
○ Have you got it or planned it already?
○ Remember to leave plenty of time for the supervisor to review
your draft (e.g. at least 7 days).
● What is still left to do to finish your proposal?