Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• Net zero and what it means
• Agricultural emissions
• Natural carbon sequestration
• Carbon taxes
• Carbon offset payments
• Normalising carbon farming
NET ZERO WHAT IT MEANS
• A unilateral target – but what about trade?
• The CCC are wrong to claim that when we get to zero emissions, we will no longer
cause any climate change.
• CCC Net Zero Report 2019
“By reducing emissions produced in the UK to zero, we also end
our contribution to rising global temperatures”.
• The scale of the challenge
• What land use will have to contribute
• 12% emissions
• Biomass loss
So real carbon emissions are more like 15 % ++
Ammonia, red diesel, heating, feed, pesticides, etc etc etc
• Current carbon prices – carbon floor price, EUETS
• Offset contract values
• Price needed to meet net zero
• Carbon border tax
CARBON OFFSET PAYMENTS
• The offset concept
• Additional investment vs. business as usual
• Bilateral contracts
• Carbon offset markets
• Taxation & quality assurance
NORMALISING CARBON FARMING
• Future agriculture has multiple outputs
• Balance sheet is carbon storage assets
• Capital maintenance for carbon crops
• Carbon offsets one of portfolio of investment options
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.