Why do we need a new Jive?
Narrow down UI to actually used features:
– Remove unused settings and configurations
– Simplified device context menu
– Simplified server wizard
Benefit from web interface: wide screen; reorganize views
Lightweight and fast
Jive is like a swiss army knife...
80% of the time
we need 20% of its features
Our own new Jive:
Why do we need Web?
For our X-Environment: we need a monitoring application
– Collect logs: Tango built-in LogViewer; Elastic Logstash;
Custom developed protocol *
– Analyze collected logs: Elastic Kibana; Custom developed app
– Deliver analyzed data to an end user: TangORB, REST API
– Implement X-Platform UI: mTangoSDK
For Tango community: full-fill Tango Feature requests 5&6 (REST
* a simple prototype was implemented using Tango pipes
Web Jive 2.0 (current release version 0.1)
Dynamic Device tree (devices are loaded on demand)
Test device panel
Editable Device tab (Info, Properties, Attributes config,
Interactive Monitoring tab, aka embedded ATK Panel
Simplified Server wizard
Web Jive: All-in-one screenshot
L I V E D E M O...