Successfully reported this slideshow.
The most interesting idea in the last 10 years in ML.
- Yann LeCun, Facebook’s AI Research Director
• Generative vs Discriminative models:
• Discriminative – Learn boundary between classes, P(y|x)
• Generative – Learn distribution of all classes, P(x,y)
• Advantages of generative model:
• Bayes rule for discrimination.
• Underlying structure of data.
• Two networks in GANs: Generator and Discriminator
• Evolution of GANs
EVOLUTION OF GAN
• Improved DCGAN
• Conditional GAN
• Info GAN
• Our discriminator is a convolutional neural network that takes in an
image of size 28 x 28 x 1 as input and returns a single scalar number that
describes whether or not the input image is "real" or "fake"
• You can think of the generator as a kind of reverse convolutional neural
network. A typical CNN like our discriminator network transforms a 2- or
3-dimensional matrix of pixel values into a single probability. A
generator, however, takes a d-dimensional vector of noise and
upsamples it to become a 28 x 28 image.
Generated samples after training a DCGAN
on celebA dataset with 202K images
Generated bedroom samples
ANIME FACE GENERATION USING
OTHER INTERESTING APPLICATION
• Caption to image generation.
• the flower shown has yellow anther red pistil and bright red petals.
• this flower has petals that are yellow, white and purple and has dark lines
• the petals on this flower are white with a yellow center
• this flower has a lot of small round pink petals.
• this flower is orange in color, and has petals that are ruffled and rounded.
• the flower has yellow petals and the center of it is brown
• this flower has petals that are blue and white.
• Image generation from text
• High resolution caption to image generation.
• Uses two stacked GANS.