Project divided in three parts, each part has 10 consecutive sessions
November – December 2014 (included in this presentation)
February – March 2015 (sessions in progress now)
Part three: (planning)
April – May 2015
The Goals of the Project
• Investigate an issue that affects the Bronx, asthma in this specific
• Work in a collaborative environment with artists and youth.
• Create three educational zines about this issue.
• Use augmented reality as way to enhance the printed zine.
• Making the zines accessible and easy to reproduce inexpensively.
• Use the process of the project as a learning experience and replicate
Download on your smart mobile device:
From your device go to the following link:
Please click here
Or the picture to
access the zine.
Point your mobile
device to the image.
• Coordinating many collaborators
• BXMA teaching artist
• CUP teaching artist
• Teaching assistant
• Problem solved by having multiple meetings before the project began and
flesh out and answer any questions. Clear expectations and roles.
• Recruitment of youth
• Work with schools and non profit organizations to recruit students, still
working on this one.
• Do site visits and talk directly to students in their classroom settings for
Future plans for the project
• Finish the second zine and begin planning for the third one.
• Have a final document that serves as a simple guide about the
project. This guide will be shared with the HIVE network and can be
used as a learning experience for other organizations within the