PASTORALIST KNOWLEDGE HUB
Asian Consultation with Pastoralists and Livestock Breeders`
Organizations in preparation of Farmers` Forum at IFAD
25-26 January, 2016
Why a Hub?
FAO Mandate: World Free from Hunger and Malnutrition
Objective of the Hub:
• to fill the gaps identified over the past years, especially the lack
of global policy discussions on pastoralism and the need to bring
attention to the challenges faced by pastoral communities.
• To have coordinated incidence in policies that will benefit
• Comprehensive initiative bringing pastoral
voices to the global stage
• Platform for pastoralist networks to connect
• Provides opportunities for policy dialogue
• All major organizations in pastoralism involved
Pastoralist Knowledge Hub
Many organizations are increasingly recognizing
• the importance of pastoralist livelihoods,
• the need to improve their own knowledge on
• the need to establish a dialogue with pastoralists in
order to achieve development goals.
This work is more efficiently done when a coordination
tool is in place, such as the Pastoralist Knowledge Hub.
Regional pastoralist gatherings
Europe Central Asia
Join the HUB!
• The Pastoralist Knowledge Hub has set up an
open participation mechanism where any
pastoralist organization or collective is
• Central Asian Meeting of Pastoralists: open
platform for pastoralists
• If you want to join the Hub, please download
a form and send it by e-mail to pastoralist-
OF CENTRAL ASIA
• PACA: July 2015, Mongolia
• Hustai Declaration
• Action Plan
• Work Plan
• Secretariat of PACA
• Ongoing activities www.pastoralism.net
THANK YOU !!