Meet the tweet - Twitter for
Wendy Taman @babycatcher09
• What is Twitter?
• Tweeting as a professional - what can
Twitter do for you?
• My story on Twitter.
• Links to help get you started.
In just 15 minutes...
What is Twitter?
•Twitter is a social networking service and
communication tool for messages.
•It uses just 140 characters for each tweet. You can
add pictures and links to your tweet, or post.
•Tweets can contain addresses: @ihealthvisiting
•Hashtags allow you to join relevant topics together:
What can Twitter do for you?
•What do you want to do?
•Network with HVs, HCPs?
•Make the News? Share the News?
•Share a safety alert?
•Make a Change?
•Promote your service, Trust, or yourself
CPD - Twitter Chats
• What are they?
• Topic, time and place tweeted as an invite.
#iHV2015 #iHVForum #WeHVs #WeNurses
• You can ‘lurk’ just taking in the views of others on
• You can prepare a few tweets with your views on
• You can learn about new resources
• You can make new professional
• You share your experience
• It won’t be long before you are
thinking of doing your own chat!
Links to get you started