WHAT IS TESTING?
is an investigation conducted to provide stakeholders with information
about the quality of the product or service under test
testing is a process to make your product defect free
- online course
testing is like sex, if you don't feel fun, you're doing it wrong
- James Bach
WHY DO EVEN NEED A TESTER
• You just can't find your bug on your own?
• Writing Automation?
• Execute manual test cases?
• Write test plan and test cases?
EXHAUSTIVE TEST IS IMPOSSIBLE
•15 input fields, each having 5 possible
•combinations = 5 ^ 15 = 30511578125
TESTING IS CONTEXT DEPENDENT
• Who‘s going to sit on this chair?
• Where‘s this chair going to be put at?
• How‘s they’re going to use this chair?
• How‘s the yield rate of machine?
• Is this chair going to assemble by customer?
DO YOU TEST THIS?
A transformer accepts voltage within
Would you test less than 100V or over
•Don‘t kill people
•Don‘t crash the system
•Don‘t break the law
HOW TO TEST THIS?
•Knowing why you do this type of test
•Test unwritten requirement
WHAT IS EXPLORATORY TESTING
• Ad hoc testing
• one-time investigations into a specific risk
• simultaneous learning, test design and test execution
• Scripted testing vs Non-scripted testing
• Responsibility & Freedom
• Professional vs Non-professional
HOW DO A TESTER WORK IN A
• Tester as a team member
• Test Architect
• Test Explorer/Automator
• Test Reporter
• Not in a member - Test Jumper
HOW WE RUN SCRUM UNDER
– Less meeting
– Side project always worked solo and died halfway
– Test issues are always there
– Everyone own their own field
– A little bit more meeting
– Side project become team work
– Test issues, Nail it!
– Cross functional team
WHAT IS TESTING?
WHY WE NEED TESTER?
• Testing show presence of defects
• Exhaustive testing is impossible
• Defect Clustering
• Pesticide Paradox
• Absence of errors is a fallacy
• Early testing
• Testing is context dependent