A look at kubeless a serverless framework on top of kubernetes. We take a look at what serverless is and why it matters then introduce kubeless which leverages Kubernetes API resources to provide a Function as a Services solution.
“Serverless can also mean applications where some
amount of server-side logic is still written by the
application developer but unlike traditional
architectures is run in stateless compute containers
that are event-triggered, ephemeral (may only last
for one invocation), and fully managed by a 3rd
• As infrastructure and platform evolve towards
• So does Practice…it evolves.
• So imagine a pure Cloud world, with third
party services, how do you stitch them
• What does it trigger ?
“Worth based development”
• FaaS gives you fine grain cost monitoring.
• Develop and optimize for cost/business
#2 Change Mindset
• Everything is remote API driven
– Volume mgt, RBAC …
• No SSH
– I don’t care about servers anymore
• Containers are invisible
• Brings focus on application architecture
• Creates custom resource (with thirdparty
• Controllers creates deployment and service
• Pod starts containers with REST wrapper
• Function injected in runtime via configmap
• Topic created via kubeless CLI on Kafka broker
• Specific runtime consumes messages on given
kubeless function create get
• Add new runtime (e.g nodejs)
• Use Ingress resources
• Instrument the runtime with prometheus for
• Horizontal Pod Autoscaling
• Default services with event notification (e.g
• Deploy Services (backends) via helm
helm install stable/minio
• Access Services via the Service Broker API.