Successfully reported this slideshow.
Your SlideShare is downloading. ×

Digital audit websites overview

Advertisement

More Related Content

Advertisement
Advertisement

Digital audit websites overview

  1. 1. Digital properties audit & clean up Website clean up launch February 2017
  2. 2. 2 • Audit overview and results • Clean up process and procedures • Next steps • Q&A Agenda
  3. 3. 3 Audit overview and results Ensuring we’re on-brand, on-strategy, and secure.
  4. 4. 4 Protecting the Deloitte brand • Deloitte's trademarks and intellectual property are integral components of our signature brand identity and carry great value and importance. Therefore, they must be monitored and protected. Global Brand has aligned with the brand protection service, BrandProtect, to ensure that Deloitte intellectual property is safeguarded across a wide array of digital mediums. BrandProtect uses designated keywords and imagery to monitor and react to incidents involving Deloitte intellectual property and trademarks. • BrandProtect agents review and organize each infraction: • Unauthorized associations • Domain monitoring • Traffic diversions • Mobile app monitoring • MX record changes (mail exchanger record)
  5. 5. 5 Unauthorized associations Websites & mobile channel audit
  6. 6. 6 Domain monitoring Websites & mobile channel audit
  7. 7. 7 Mobile applications Websites & mobile channel audit
  8. 8. 8 Billions of US dollars at stake • Deloitte’s current revenue cap is $36.8 billion • If one brand and/or reputational damaging incident occurs each month… • There is an 80% chance of a 20% degradation of a brand’s value over a five year period • This equates to an expected loss of $5.9 billion • Reputational risk • Internet brand and trademark infringements along with other brand violations, may result in a range of unintended consequences, including: • Misleading consumers and exposing the organization to liability. • Diverting consumer traffic from its intended destination. • Falsely connecting Deloitte brand with illegal or offensive activities. AON/Oxford Metrica, 2012 Reputation Review
  9. 9. 9 Brand risks across the Deloitte network Partnering with BrandProtect, over 3,000 potential brand incidents were reviewed to determine current risk levels and where action was needed to resolve. Roughly 30 member firms will be immediately impacted by audit results – each with varying degrees of exposure. 250 Unauthorized associations 612 Fast 50/500 1,468 Domains registrations
  10. 10. 10 Website cleanup process
  11. 11. 11 Member firm involvement • Whenever our team discovers a potential brand violation, the following steps will be taken: • Determine if the origin of the brand violation is internal (Deloitte employee) or external. • Attempt to verify any claimed associations, alliances, partnerships, sponsorships, testimonials, etc. • Locate any related Deloitte contacts for expedient resolution. • Contact local brand team affected to inform of potential brand violation. • Allow brand team to resolve directly or offer assistance from BrandProtect. Work with internal resources and/or Global (Brand/GISO/OGC) Select appropriate action to resolve Determine if there is a known connection Review incidents
  12. 12. 12 Best practices for handling diverse incidents • Incidents should be resolved based on perceived severity and impact to the Deloitte brand • A skewed logo vs. a fraudulent site posing as Deloitte • Resolution timing will vary for each incident • Escalate incidents as deemed appropriate − Direct contact  Soft letter  L1-L3  Registrar/host contact  OGC intervention • Develop policies and procedures to help proactively safe-guard against future incidents • Brand protection vendors • Internal taskforces − Deloitte Brazil • Member firm mandates − If you see something, say something • Not everything requires action • NPOs/charitable organizations & gripe sites and posts
  13. 13. 13 Next steps
  14. 14. 14 Getting started with your brand incidents • Workbooks will be available later this week • Initial pass of all incidents before taking any action • Determine any that may be immediately resolved or verified through internal methods • Organize by perceived severity and brand impact • Inform local colleagues – brand, risk, legal • Begin resolution process
  15. 15. 15 Program timeline Digital channels audit and cleanup Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Social channel issue mitigation Jan - Apr SM channel audit July - October Websites issue mitigation Feb – May z SM channel issue mitigation kickoff Websites issue mitigation kickoff SM policy workshops begin SM channel cleanup complete Websites cleanup complete SM policy adopted Digital policy updated Websites audit October - December SM policy workshops (x3) March - April SM policy ratification April - May
  16. 16. 16 Questions?

Editor's Notes

  • The average enterprise has nearly 200 social media accounts affiliated with its brand
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 9

×