• The Colosseum was built by Vespasian in the 1st century AD.
• Damaged by earthquakes and stone robbers.
• One of Rome's most popular tourist attractions.
• About 500,000 people and about a million animals died because of the Coloseum
9th Leaning Tower of
• The Leaning Tower of Pisa is located in Italy. It was made
between 1360 and 1370. The tower is not shaped vertical.
Between 1990 and 2001, it was leaning of an angle of 3.99
degrees. It is also the place where Galilei showed his
experiment in 1604. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a bell tower.
8th Great Pyramid of
• The Great Pyramid of Giza was built 2560 years BCE. It was
the oldest and the largest pyramid out of the 3 pyramids in
Giza Necropolis. Inside it, there is the king’s chamber, the
queen’s chamber and the unﬁnished chamber. The unﬁnished
chamber was suppose to be the king’s chamber. But the king
died while building it. The So they put it on the ﬁrst one they
made. The king tried to make another chamber because he
thought the ﬁrst one was too little.
7th CN Tower
• CN Tower was made in 1976. CN Tower was the world most
tallest tower in the world from 1975-2007. Burj DubaiThe
Burj Dubai broke the CN Tower’s record. The CN Tower was
553.33 metres high in the air and the Burj Dubai was 636
metres tall.The CN Tower is also famous of its glass ﬂoors.
• The Stonehenge was made 3100 years BC. And if you look at
the map that’s on the left side, it will show you where
Stonehenge is located.(The red dot is the place stonehenge
lives.)But there were only rocks that looked like the
Stonehenge rocks way away from the the Stonehenge. Which
means they carried the rocks with out any tools!
5th Great Wall of China
• The Great Wall of China was rebuilt times. It was built to
defend against northern invaders, they made wall that protects
Beijing (The capital of China) especially strong. The Great Wall
of China stretched over 6,400 km long. It was also guarded by
more than 1 million men. To make the Great Wall of China, 2
to 3 million people were killed.
4th Olympic Stadium
• The Bird’s Nest was made in 2008. It is located in Beijing the
Captital city of China.The Birdʼs Nest is the place where
do the Olympic games. The Birdʼs Nest is made out of
the largest steel structure. $423 million dollars were used
to build the Birdʼs Nest.
3rd Eiffel Tower
• The Eiffel Tower was built in 1889. It is 324 metres high in the
air. The Eiffel Tower was ﬁrst planned to be built in Barcelona
for the Universal Exposition of 1888. But the people who is
responsible for the Universal Exhibition thought it was too
expensive and did not match to the design of the city. So Eiffel
submitted his draft to the people who is responsible for the
Universal Exhibition of Paris. They said they will build it in
1889. Which is 1 year later.So they did.
2nd Namdaemun ( )
• The Namdaemun was the best building in Korea ever had
even if it was made 611 years ago. It was burned down in
2008. Only 10% of the Namdaemun was left. The historians
want to make a new one. And the builders are trying to make
a new one too.
1st Opera House
• The Sydney Opera House was built in 1973. The Sydney
Opera House was said to have a light show for 3 days until
the Queen’s birthday. Sydney Opera is located near the
Darling Bridge. It is one of the most famous place in the