Website Links in this Slide Deck
I’ve included links to websites within these slides.
You should be able to click on links, which are underlined, some
in red or others depending on a particular slide’s color scheme.
If you click before downloading, i.e., while the file is open in
Moodle, sites may open in Moodle, which is less convenient.
If you happen to do that, you should be able to use the Back
button in your browser to return to Moodle.
required for a Simmons
GSLIS CE Certificate.
• Assignment #1 is on Slide
The more you share with
the more we all learn!
• Assignment #2 is on
The following are from Randolph’s Hock book Extreme
Searcher’s Internet Handbook, 4rd ed., 2013. Hock
enhances each point with additional details in his book
• Consider the source
• Consider the motivation
• Look at the quality of the writing
• Look at the quality of the documentation of sources cited
• Is the site and its contents as current as they should be?
• Are you covering the appropriate range of sources necessary for your
• For facts you are going to use, verify using multiple sources, or choose
the most authoritative source