Final presentation, scott mc cormack tyler reardon
AMC THEATRE SOCIAL
BY SCOTT MCCORMACK AND TYLER
WHAT IS SOCIAL
- Social Media consists of web sites and other online means
of communication that are used by large groups of people to
share information and develop social and professional
- Nowadays, many businesses are utilizing social media’s
different aspects to generate sales.
IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL
MEDIA IN BUSINESS
- Generate leads; educating potential/current consumers on
what the business offers, pushes users to the website
- Improve Sales; larger profits
- Increases exposure of your brand; bringing more attention
to the business so the consumers are aware of what the
- Increase traffic to businesses website; Navigating more
internet users to the site. A study done by Social Media
Examiner stated, 78% of marketers reported increased traffic
to their site
- Decrease marketing expenses; most social media platforms
are free of charge allowing you to adjust budgets and reduce
With our AMC THEATRES social marketing plan, we will
provide useful and quality information to potential movie
customers through the strategic use of our convenient
social media services. With this goal in mind, we hope to
generate more recognition, gain a larger customer base, and
improve our overall profit margin.
- Attract new and more audience members to the AMC
- Connect with as many people, businesses, and services as
possible to help promote the theatre
- Listen/Observe audiences to gain insight and understanding
on what social media services would best benefit this
- Lead other theatres in the direction of the social media field
AMC STUDIO 30 WITH
• Cinema Suites is an upscale movie theatre with comfortable, premium recliners,
an extensive menu, full cocktail bar and service at the push of a button.
•Customers must be over the age of 21.
•The menu has a great variety of foods, drinks and desserts including:
-Appetizers -Sandwiches - Panini's - Kid’s Menu
-Tenders and Fish -Quesadillas & Tacos -Salad - Deserts
-Burgers -Flatbread pizza -Entrees - Snacks &
AMC Fork & Screen
Fork & Screen is a movie theatre and a casual restaurant rolled into one with
upgraded seats, an extensive menu, full cocktail bar and service at the push of a
It’s also great for families as long as all guests under the age of 18 are
accompanied by an adult.
Tickets are 13 dollars and a dollar extra to reserve seats before the movie.
WHAT WE WILL USE
- Facebook will be used to both connect and promote the
AMC THEATRE with
- Photos/Videos displaying the theatres features, movie trailers,
and overall atmosphere
- Fan Pages that will present quality information on the theatre
and will allow Facebook users to interact.
- Event Tabs to inform users on upcoming movies or various
- Links to the theatres website or specific events
Two-thirds of online American adults are Facebook users, making
Facebook the most dominant social networking site in the country.
Yelp will be used to help find the specific location of the AMC
Theatre you wish to go to
Twitter will be also help to promote the theatre and it’s
unique qualities like AMC Dine-in
- Twitter has been a great tool for companies to keep followers up
on new information about the company/organization.
- The AMC Theatres account keeps followers on release dates,
new opens of AMC dine in theatre, and coupons or rewards.
- Twitter allows for users to express their ideas about a AMC dine-
in experience that others can use to determine whether or not
they want to try it
- Youtube is a great social media platform for personal reviews of
the AMC Dine-in.
- AMC Theatres channel on Youtube give short experiences into
new AMC Dine-in theatres around the country.
FUTURE OF AMC
- According to Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive of DreamWorks
Animation, “I am one hundred percent sure that these theaters are
the future of movie-going” in addition he continued, “These new
theaters really up the quality of experience because they require a
high degree of service that movie theaters have lost.” (WSJ.com)
- AMC Entertainment Inc’s, Chief executive, say he can envision
converting 10 % of the company’s total theaters, which now
number about 375, into ones that offer in-theater
Schuker, Lauren A.E. "Double Feature: Dinner And Movie." The Wall
Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company, 5 Jan. 2011. Web. 10 Aug. 2013.
Perlmutter, Todd. "AMC Dine-In Movie
Theatres." Blog.touringplans.com. Touring Plans, n.d. Web. 11
Merry, Stephanie. "AMC Courthouse's Cushy Recliners Reflect
the Future of Movie Theaters." Washington Post. The Washington
Post, 21 Mar. 2013. Web. 11 Aug. 2013.
"AMC Dine-In Theatres℠." AMC Dine-In Theatres. AMC Theatres,
n.d. Web. 10 Aug. 2013.