How to Develop a LeadManagement Strategy:A Discussion Guide for Enterprise MarketersGeorge Scotti
Lead Management ModelLead PlanningandGenerationQualify LeadsDistributeLeadsNurture LeadsMeasure andEvaluatePrograms
1. Lead Planning & Generation Pipeline What are your sales goals? How many leads do you need? How many will close? Lead Planning What Lists What Medium Generation Direct Mail Email Exhibits Telemarketing Emarketing Other
2. Lead Qualification Develop criteria What is a Prospect What is a Lead Hot Lead Warm Lead Cold Lead Who qualifies and when? Telemarketing? Online questionnaire? Licensing Manager? Sales Support? Marketing? Behavior based?
3. Distribute Leads What do we put into CRM? The World? Prospects? Leads? Customers?It’s Important to define what these are!
4. How do we nurture? Marketing Communications Email Direct mail Webinars Exhibits eZines Content Marketing Sales contact End user marketing Trials When do we contact? Based on sales cycle? Based on market cycles? How often? Who do we contact? Do we contact everyone or just those thatrequest it? What tools do we use? Marketing Automation / Nurturing CRM Lead Scoring Tools Data Warehouse Integration
5. Measure What do we measure? Lead conversion Sales Sales Cycle ROI When? What is success?
Pulling It All Together:Marketing ModelContentMarketingDrive towebsiteDemosandformsQualify leadsPass qualifiedleads toCRMAccountManagersLeadManagement/NurtureConfigure,Price andProposeCloseSaleMeasure andAnalyzeSales LeadsLead Development Lead NurtureMarketing Model