Building an application is a very intense and complicated process. Sometimes it could lead to unacceptable results when you can wait for temporary product eternity. Tools could be different, applications could be different, but techniques will be the same.
Optimization is very important thing even when your process is standartized and strong. During that seesion I'll talk about:
- Build is the most valuable product in DevOps
- Tests, Sniffers, Performance tests and other things are minor in comparison to builds
- How to get rid of long waits for small changes or fixes
- How to don't waste time for waiting for build
- How to incorporate measurement tools
- How to solve feature branch hell and don't spent tons of time for merge conflicts
- Make builds for enterprise and big data databases
- Other interesting things from DevOps live :)
Optimisation strategy shouldn’t be strict and shouldn’t ruin current process or block the team from performing operations. Given those answers, we can move forward like a thunder and achieve whatever we want.