July 7, 2015
• Look at some popular apps both Android and Apple, Windows and Amazon
• Discuss what they do
• Population for
• Similar apps
• Share your favorite Classroom Apps
• WISE - By Creative Instructional Designs
• W.I.S.E (Wireless Interactive Scanning Examinations) is an application that grades and
stores multiple-choice quizes, tests, and exams, on your mobile device. It condenses a
wealth of information and powerful processing technology into the palm of your hand.
Cutting edge assessment has never been easier.
• Originally the brainchild of two colorado public high school teachers -- WISE has been
created and tested by teachers for teachers.
• WISE is free to download and use for up to 100 scans. Print off your own bubble sheets
from within the app straight to your printer and your ready to go. With WISE teachers can
spend less time grading and get the data they need quickly in order to adjust their teaching
to their class.
• WISE is Fast and Accurate: It only takes seconds to scan quizes, tests, and exams (up to 100
questions) with over 99% accuracy. Test data is automatically organized by course, class,
• WISE Provides Immediate Feedback: Teachers can instantly grade tests and provide
feedback to students. Tests can be scored and entered before students walk out the door.
• WISE is Mobile: Tests can be graded at any time from any location. Keys and scores are
securely stored on your mobile device to be accessed from anywhere. There is never a
need to plug the device into a computer!
WISE Provides Data Analysis: A wealth of data is immediately analyzed through score
reporting. This way, teachers spend their time making adjustments to improve student
achievement, not crunching numbers.
Similar – Easy Grade & QuickGrader & GradeIt! & GroovyGrader & ZipGrader
• OneCallNow – Google Play
• The One Call Now App is a mobile companion to the on-line mass messaging service. It gives clients access to automated tools that send SMS text, voice, and email messages to any
size group, turning your phone, tablet or your computer into a mass-messaging powerhouse.
• Users can quickly record and send messages to all contacts, or to one or more subgroups.
• All messages can be stored for re-use as needed.
• Record the message in your own voice using the app, or use the text-to-speech feature to type a message instead and have it delivered in a natural-sounding automated voice.
• View message reports on your phone or tablet to see who received the message, no matter where you are.
• Use the app to send emergency alerts and closings, appointment reminders, HMWK & Test reminders, event announcements or any other type of message that needs to go to a large
group of people quickly.
• Contacts can even reply to the message via phone, email or text.
• TheOne Call Now App requires a free trial or paid subscription calling plan available online at www.onecallnow.com or by calling 800.462.0512. There are plan sizes to fit any budget.
• Khan Academy by Khan Academy
• Sharpen your skills: over 150,000 interactive, Common Core aligned math
exercises are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow
along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace.
• Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise
recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
• Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts
as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have
your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered
• Track your learning: your learning auto-magically syncs between your iPad
and khanacademy.org, so your progress and recommendations are always up-
to-date, anywhere, anytime.
On both our iPad and iPhone apps, you can:
Watch all of our 5,000+ videos
Read articles on topics from Art History to Coach & Classroom Resources
Download videos to watch offline at your own pace
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math
(arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus,
linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the
humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Similar: DestinyQuest & BrainPop-FeaturedMovie
Apple GooglePlay WindowsStore AmazonApps
• Photo Math by MicroBlink
• PhotoMath is the world's smartest camera calculator! Just point your phone
camera to a math expression, and PhotoMath will instantly display the answer
with detailed step-by-step explanation.
Millions of students worldwide use PhotoMath to make their learning progress
faster and more fun.
Use it to get help when you're stuck with a math problem. Hit the steps button,
and see a fully explained step-by-step solution! Check below to see the full list of
supported Math problems.
Students can use it as a tool to learn math, while parents can use it to quickly
check their kid’s homework. With PhotoMath, you can have a math teacher in
your pocket! :)
PhotoMath currently supports arithmetic, fractions, decimal numbers, linear
equations, equation systems and several functions like logarithms. Support for
new math is constantly added in new releases as we aim to make the entire math
easy to learn and fun.
Handwritten text is not supported, only printed problems from math textbooks.
PhotoMath is not fully magical (yet) and it is possible to find a math problem our
app will not recognize. If this happens, please send us feedback. With your help,
our team of wizards will add new spells to PhotoMath and make it even more
magical in the future. :)
Video : https://photomath.net/en/
• Final Argument
• The app designed specifically for presenters, teachers and lawyers, giving the ability to create presentations ‘on the fly’
using content from many sources.
Use the iPad to deliver your presentation in the most powerful way – taking advantage of existing PDF/Keynote/PPT
slides, the interactive whiteboard, video recordings, being always in control of what's visible to the audience and what's
visible just to the presenter.
Final Argument - a way of expressing your argument in such a powerful fashion, that there is no space left for
• external screen support - the audience only sees the content the presenter wishes to display. If you receive an
unexpected question from the audience, it’s easy to immediately create a new slide or add something to an existing one.
• non-linear presentation layout, with slides arranged in a mind-map fashion.
• close integration with Explain Everything™. You can import your .XPL projects and show them in a non-linear way.
Presentation recordings are saved as XPL files, that can be later edited in Explain Everything.
• draw in any color, add shapes, use Bates stamps, text boxes, and use a laser pointer.
• rotate, move, scale, copy, paste, duplicate, and lock any object added to the canvas.
• move objects to and from a clipboard invisible to the audience.
• import photos and videos from the Photo Library.
• import PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and RTF files from number of cloud sources, such as Evernote,
Dropbox, GDrive or WebDAV repositories.
• share presentations using Evernote, Dropbox, GDrive, WebDAV, Email, iTunes, and any app that allows you to open PDF
or MP4 files using Open In…
• record your presentation to use it later as the meeting minutes.
• export the recorded session as an MP4 movie, PDF document or XPL project (Explain Everything™) directly from your
• Explain Everything™ Interactive Whiteboard
• Explain Everything is an easy-to-use design, screencasting, and interactive whiteboard tool that lets
you annotate, animate, narrate, import, and export almost anything to and from almost anywhere.
Create slides, draw in any color, add shapes, add text, and use a laser pointer. Rotate, move, scale,
copy, paste, clone, and lock any object added to the stage.
Add new or existing photos and videos. Import PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and
RTF files from Evernote, Dropbox, Box, GDrive, WebDAV, Email, iTunes, and any app that allows you
to open these files types using "Open In…". Export MP4 movies, PDF documents, PNG images, or XPL
project files directly from your iPad and iPhone.
No account is necessary to use Explain Everything and share creations.
Please rate and review the app if you like it and please direct all technical issues to
Explain Everything has been a top paid education app since its release in United States, United
Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany and Turkey.
*** 50% discount for educational institutions ***
Check for details - http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
The App Store Volume Purchase Program allows educational institutions to purchase iOS apps in
volume - Explain Everything is available under this program - please search for "morriscooke" in the
VPP App Store.
• Bill NYE The Science Guy – Disney
• Bill Nye The Science Guy® 20th Anniversary App—of
Science! Science rules, especially when you grab a seat
at The Science Guy's desk and help yourself to heaping
handfuls of science. Just scan your thumb to gain
entrance to Nye Labs, the most amazing, scientifically
fascinating place on Earth (and possibly
beyond!). Twenty orbits around the sun and 28 Emmys
along the way—now that's something to celebrate!
Before you download this experience, please consider
that this app contains advertising for The Walt Disney
Family of Companies.
Similar: NewsOMatic & GeoBoard & Pizza Fraction 1 &
SushiMonster & ChatterPixKids &
• Go paperless in your classroom! With Showbie, you can quickly and easily assign, collect and
review student work on your iPad, then provide rich feedback to your students by adding
annotations, text notes and voice notes directly onto their documents. Students can show their
learning creatively by submitting to Showbie from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or by
completing assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Showbie keeps everyone organized with
individual student assignment folders, email and push notifications.
It’s easy to get started!
Create your first class and assignment, then give the Showbie class code to your students so they
can join. Your whole class will be up and running in minutes.
Effortlessly distribute material to your students!
Add instructions or a document to your assignment. Showbie will send your students a
notification that their assignment has been updated, so they can immediately begin working on
their own copy of the materials you provided.
Keep your class organized!
With Showbie’s individual student folders, your students will never lose their homework again.
Student work is stored securely in the cloud, so students can even switch between iPads and keep
working. Showbie also reminds students when assignment due dates are approaching.
Engage your students with rich, responsive feedback!
Students can ask questions or comment right inside their assignment folder, so you can provide
immediate guidance while they work. Students and teachers can also record voice notes for
instant verbal feedback.
Let your students show their creativity!
Students can record voice notes, video, and take pictures right within Showbie. They can also
submit homework to Showbie from thousands of the most creative iPad apps.
Similar: NearPod & SocrativeStudent & SocrativeTeacher
• Puppet Pals
• Spring/Summer SALE 40% off All Access Pass!
• “Puppet Pals is an amazing app that lets you create animated cartoons.” -
David Pogue (NewYork Times)
Children unlock creativity with this easy to use (but hard to put down)
interactive puppet show! Even young children can create high quality
cartoons from their imaginations. Kids can even star in the show along side
the built-in characters!
Teachers: Engage students by allowing them to act out historical events,
practice language skills, or deliver a killer book report. The cartoons that kids
are making have delighted thousands of teachers and parents around the
world - let yours be next to experience this award-winning digital addition to
your classroom. The finished projects are easily shared to be watched by
others (share via email, Facebook, or simply copy the video file to your
computer and distribute how you see fit - Hint: students love to see their
work displayed on a classroom blog).
• Create short instructional videos (in any learning area)
• Storytelling, Reports, Historic Retells
• Help reluctant public speakers present to the class
• Help foreign language or ESL students practice their fluency & language
• Brainstorming or storyboarding ideas and presentations
Characters chosen from standard curriculum allow kids to fully engage with
content - not even realizing they are actually learning valuable lessons that
will stay with them for years to come!
• Class Dojo
• With ClassDojo, teachers and parents help children learn important soft skills, such as
grit, curiosity, and focus - for free! ClassDojo replaces classroom management tools
and behavior trackers like gold-star charts, with positive feedback and parent
communication.Teachers use ClassDojo to give their students instant, positive
encouragement during class. Teachers choose and customize behaviors that matter
most, and then award a student in class Dojo points when a skill is demonstrated.
Best of all, teachers can engage parents with ClassDojo progress reports and instant
messaging so they can stay involved in their child’s success at school.
• Parents can see how their child is doing in real-time, and chat with teachers easily
and safely using ClassDojo Messaging. Teachers love sending broadcast reminders to
all parents at once, but also private, meaningful communications like text messages,
photos, and voice notes so that parents are connected to the classroom without the
hassle of emails and school newsletters.
• Students can also create their own accounts, customize their Dojo avatars, and review
their own performance for self-reflection while in school or at home.
• Unlike most classroom management organizers and class planners, ClassDojo can be
used on any device: Android tablets and phones, laptops, iPhones, iPads, as well as
smartboards - and its syncs seamlessly across all of them in real time! The ClassDojo
Support Team is available around the clock if you ever need help, too!
Similar: Edmodo & Vocabulary Spelling City & ClassKick &
PickCollage & Sounding Board & Verso App
• Ten Frame - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/10-frame-fill/id418083871?mt=8
• Number Rack - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/number-rack-by-math-learning/id496057949?mt=8
• Math Slide – 10s & 1s - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-slide-tens-ones/id586366338?mt=8
• Place Value - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/place-value/id643128255?mt=8
• Rounding - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rounding/id572102136?mt=8
• Math Slide 100s & 1000s - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-slide-hundreds-tens-ones/id588836426?mt=8
• Telling Time - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/telling-time-quiz-fun-game/id615182588?mt=8
• Subtraction Wiz - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/subtraction-wiz-free/id499171715?mt=8
• Addition Wiz - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/addition-wiz-free/id497988024?mt=8