Recommendation 7 & 8:
tl:dr: Has been free but now you are going to have to pay. And will be tiered.
(archives will still be free though as people will notice)
Not discussed in proposal
• No mention of waivers or public interest
(education/research, NGOs, etc.)
• Who owns copyright of content? Can people
• Can LegCo members still request for free? Will
they be getting spammed?
• What about 1823 requests overlapping?
• Can we still request under the code for free?
• If isn’t about cost recovery – then is this a
How do we provide feedback?
Need to send responses to Sub-committee secretary Ms Cathy
Wan by fax, post or email.
Address: 4/F, East Wing, Justice Place, 18 Lower Albert Road,
Central, Hong Kong.
Telephone: (852) 3918 4097/Fax: (852) 3918 4096
What are the next steps?
Not much time: need online petition/autoforms