• Trainers• Adult Education• Independent Training Consultant
• Child Care Licensing Specialist• Paths to Quality Rater• Food Program Specialist• County/State Department of Social Services or Education
• Early Intervention• Accreditation• School-Age Care• Child Behavior• Curriculum• Infant/Toddler Care
• Executive Director of CCR&R• Director of a Multi-Site Head Start Program• Chief of a Public Agency Department
Early Childhood Researchers• Universities• Government and State Agencies• Nonprofit and For Profit Research Organizations
Education requirements and salary vary greatly; however, here aresome examples of what you might expect.• Teacher: Education requirements vary from CDA to bachelor’s degree and the salary typically varies from $15,000 - $45,00.• Director/Administrator: Education requirements vary from an associate’s degree to a graduate’s degree and the salary varies from $25,340 - $71,440.• Instructor/Trainer: Education requirements vary from an associate’s degree to a graduate’s degree and the salary varies from $28,000 - $99,000.• Regulator: Education requirements are a graduate’s degree and the salary typically varies from $36,000 – $60.000.• Researcher: Education requires a Ph.D. and the salary is around $75,000.
It is important to have short-term and long-term goals and to know what you need to do to reach them.
• To graduate from Ivy Tech with an Associate of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education• To keep working to better my licensed family child care home to make it the best environment for children as possible• To achieve NAFCC Accreditation in my licensed family home child care program• To continue learning how to better serve children by attending trainings, conferences, and possibly college courses
• To graduate from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education• To run my licensed family childcare home at least until I graduate from Ball State• To find a job in the field of Early Childhood Education, preferably in the classroom, in which I can use my knowledge and skills that I have acquired through my college courses and experience to make a positive difference in the lives of young children
Child Care Services Association. (2008). Careers in early childhood Third edition [Directory]. Retrieved February 9, 2012, from Child Care Services Association website: http://www.childcareservices.org/_downloads/ CareersInEarlyChildhoodGuide_NC.pdfEarly Childhood Education. (2012). Early childhood education Jump start your career in early childhood education. Retrieved February 9, 2012, from http://www.earlychildhoodeducation.com/careers/