MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 1 of 76
SYED IMAM SHAH
1) Eji Aad Nirinjan avtarya,
Teno thanak che aerak khand mahain,
Satguru ay sohi dekhariya,
Te che vaypak nav khand mahain.
Cheto rikhisaro guru kahe sache Satgure aem kahaya.
1) Introduction to the Imam of the time-God manifest, resides in Iran and He is the One who Satgur(Pir) Introduced
you (Momin) to Him. Refrain: Beware O Momins! This is what the true Guru tells you.
2) Eji Aal Alijine te kahiae,
Nabi Mohammed pir musalle che tya(n)ae
Isre aal thi je boolshe,
Teto jayse dozak mahain. Cheto......
2) That the descendant of Ali and Mohammed is He (present Imam)
and if you do not recognize Him you will go to Hell.
3) Eji Isre aalthi aal chaliya
Te to aviya kahek nagri mahain,
Vircha a(n)goaa thanak kahiae,
Sri Islam Shah betha che tya(n)ae. Cheto.....
3) Right from that lineage Shri Islam Shah is the present holder
of that Noor and He resides in Kehek.
4) Eji Joma(n) Joma(n) ma(n)ae ae Narji kahiae
Teni sa(n)kh che aelm mahain,
Chalis sipara Kuran na,
Te mahain tris che duniya mahain. Cheto.....
4) In every Imam it is the same Noor of Ali and the scriptures
bear that out of 40 Siparas (parts) of the Quran are a proof
of that and verily 30 are in this world.
5) Eji Das sipara baaki rahya,
Te che ae ghar mahain,
Athar ved tene kahiae,
Teni vani Satgur mukhaj mahain. Cheto.....
5) The rest of th 10 Siparas (Parts) are really the gist of this religion
Momins you should recognize the 10 Siparas as the prime
religion and that was what Pir Satgur introduced you to.
6) Eji Aal Nabi jine jug mahain aaviya,
Tene te kidha ae dharam upaya,
Satguru Imam Shah aem kahe,
Teto aal Mohammed ni Kahevay. Cheto....
6) Nabi's descent cameto this world to show you the right path(religion)
Guru Imam Shah (composer) tells you this that verily ( Imam of the
He is Muhammed's progeny.
7) Eji Noor thi Nooraj pragatiya,
Teno vas che Nooraj mahain,
Tene aa Satpa(n)th peda kidha,
Khoji kadiyo Kuran mahain. Cheto.....
7) The Noor in the Imam of the Time is the same that was the cause
of creation and really is from the very Noor you have been given the
Satpanth,nay, even the Quran originated from that Noor.
8) Eji Char ved char kitab khojiya,
Satguru sarve tya(n)ae,
Ilm allah jiae bhejiaa,
Farad farmaviya Furkqan mahain. Cheto......
8. (Allah has sent) four Kitabs (scriptures) - Tawrat, Zabur,
Injil, Furqan - and four Hindu scriptures (the
the right Guru is mentioned in those scriptures (OR Imam Shah
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 2 of 76
has studied those scriptures). That knowledge
was sent by Allah and it is presently in the Quran.
9) Eji Farad Furqane thi upanya,
Teto parvariya pirothami mahain,
Shariyat, tariqat, haqiqat, teni,
Malum che marifat mahain. Cheto.....
9. The Quran has given you the basic understanding of Shariat,
Tariqat and Haqiqat - it is up
to you now to search for Marifat.
10) Eji Marfat mahain thi kadi kari,
Teto aaniyo is panyh mahain,
Tya(n) raheni rakho nisch kari,
Aapna jivne tya(n)ae. Cheto.....
10. The spiritual side of your existence is found in the Satpanth
(and you can find it) if you pray during the
with real faith and verily that is the only salvation for
11) Eji Isre rehani thi je boolshe,
Teno tham nahire kiya(n)ae,
Teto fera fare lakh chorayashi tana,
Teto moksh na pame kaya(n)ae. Cheto....
11. Those Momins who do not wake up in the morning for Ibadat will
go astray and their souls
will have to
evolve 84 lakh times; in other words, they will not achieve
12) Eji Lakh chorashi to chutiae,
Jo rahiae aapna Satguru ke farman mahain,
Daso(n)d dije Satguru mukhe,
To vaso howe amrapuri mahain. Cheto....
12. The only way to overcome this evolvement of 84 lakh times is
by obeying Satgur's Farman, and giving
Dasond to Satgur. Verily this will ensure your place in
13) Eji Amrapuri che aagle,
Tena sukh kahya nav jay,
Satgure dithi tevi kahi,
Tya(n) hur malaaek che mahain. Cheto....
13. The Amrapuri (Heaven) that you will experience and the peace
that you will have is impossible for Me to
describe! Verily believe Me when I say that I have
experienced it and it is a place full of
Firastas and spiritually evolved souls.
14) Eji Anat meva che te mahel ma(n),
Te ghar ni shobha che tya(n)y,
Moman rikhisar te mahel ma(n),
Liana(n) lad karshe tya(n)y. Cheto.....
14. In the Amrapuri (Heaven) there are boundless rewards and that
(Imam) will bestow His blessings on
Momins and grant all their hearts' desires.
15) Eji Aewa ghar te jiv pamshe,
Je chalshe aapna satpanth mahain,
Khara dasondi sukarit vanta,
Teni sankha che aelm mahain. Cheto....
So remember Momin, if you walk the path of Satpanth and be a
Dasondi and observe Sukreet (good
deeds) you will find that Amrapuri for even our scriptures
(the right knowledge) bear that fact.
16) Eji Te Aelm Ali thi pragatya,
Teni sankh che Kuran mahain,
Kuran kudarat mahain thi utarya,
Teni sankh che ae ghar mahain. Cheto....
The right knowledge has come from Ali and His progeny as is
borne (forecast) by the Holy Quran and the
Holy Quran has come from God Himself (Qudrat) and the proof
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 3 of 76
of all that is really here in Satpanth (this Ghar)
17) Eji Ae ghar dekhi je boolshe,
Teto jashe dozakh mahain,
Aad uniyade thi ae ghar kahiae,
Tene sreva(n)ta vimab na kije kai(n). Cheto....
Momins, despite being aware of this Ghar (Satpanth), if you
ignore it then you will not achieve salvation and
will deserve Hell (Dozakh) for this Ghar is really the
proof of the infinite God and never think
twice about serving Him.
18) Eji Brahma ne Vishnu Maheshvar kahiae,
Teto sarve che ae ghar mahain,
Ae ghar ma(n)thi aalaj chaliya,
Teto parvariya pirothami mahain. Cheto......
The Gods such as Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshvar are all one in
this Satpanth and are manifest in Ali's
progeny and is present with us in this world.
19) Eji Tare Vishnu a var datar thaya,
Kirpa kidhi Brahmaji upare tya(n)y,
Tamo Jawo jug mahain vani karo,
Ame sathe aavshoon tya(n)y. Cheto....
19. Remember Momins that Vishnu in His mercy had told Brahma that
He would grant His wish and in whatever
Joog Brahma wanted Him, then Vishnu would be with Him
20) Eji Tene Farmane Brahamji jug mahain aaviya,
Vani kidhi te jug mahain,
Prabodhi pirothami Brahmaji ae,
Dharam marag chalaviya tya(n)y. Cheto......
20. And it is because of that promise Brahmaji has been able to
21) Eji Anat kalap aewa wahi gaya,
Pache aaviya te char kalap tya(n)y,
Te mahaina tran kalap vartiya,
Brahmaji ne farmane rahya tya(n)y Cheto......
21. Thus many eras (Kalaps) have passed and the four Kalaps have
passed and the four Kalaps finally
prevailed, of which three have already passed and in the
past three, Brahma was obeying Vishnu's Firman.
22) Eji Kalap mahain parwariya,
Char jug te kidha mahain,
Aad uniyade bera hata,
Satguru shami jini sewaae Cheto......
22. In the present (fourth) Kalap, there are four Joogs and the
Gods have combined into one God and verily that
is the Right Guru (present Imam).
23) Eji Tya(n)thi satguru pragatya,
Ane aaviya te char jug mahain,
Te mahain tran jug wahi gaya,
Tena jivra pahota thanok mahain Cheto......
23. Remember Momins that three Joogs have passed and Satgur has
come in the fourth Joog to lead you tosalvation.
24) Eji Te avtare avtar vahi gaya,
Rachana kidhi vishanu brahmaji tya(n)y,
Aaj chelli sandh kaljug sandhe,
Murtaza Ali avtarya makka mahain Cheto......
24. So many eras have passed and Vishnu prevailed as the Creator.
In this last and present era (Kaljoog)
Murtaza Ali has manifested in Mecca.
25) Eji Tya(n)thi aalaj chaliya,
Teto aaviya kahek nagari mahain,
Sri Islam Shah tya(n) nar kahiae,
Shah garibnoon tejj mahain Cheto......
25. From that day His progeny has continued till this day in Kehek
town and the name of the present Imam isShri Islam Shah.
26) Eji Ae ghar sreve je satsoon,
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 4 of 76
Tena patak sarve jay,
Avtare avtar orkhe,
Tene pahele moksh muktaj thay Cheto......
26. Those Momins who will serve Him with sincerity, all their past
and present sins will be forgiven. They will
also recognize Him in all His different forms and they will
be the ones who will achieve salvation.
27) Eji Ae gher dasondaj dijiae,
Te mahain aaras na kije lagaar,
Anek jiv aage udhariya,
Tene orakhiyo potano bharthar Cheto......
27. So Momins, do not fall behind in your Dasond for many souls
have already achieved salvation and these
were the souls who had recognized the Imam as their Lord
28) Eji Dasond vina nahi(n) chutso,
Sambaro munivar kahoon chaon varanvar,
Chello akharo aa jug tano,
Te mahain hathsoon kari liyo sambar Cheto......
28. Without Dasond there is no salvation so heed Me Momins, for I
am being emphatic. This Joog is the last
stage where you can achieve salvation; then why not make
an extra effort to achieve it.
29) Eji Dasond dasmi pati kahiae,
Teto chalo ae narjisoon aahar,
Chaliso te pir mukhe aaliae,
Moman tano ae che vevar Cheto......
29. Dasond is a tenth of your earnings for the Imam and that is
for his material upkeep and food (ahar) and the
fortieth of your earning is for Pir, for Pir has dedicated
His life for you.
30) Eji Dasond deta(n) je jiv rolavshe,
Teno hal mal nahire parivar,
Kiyana hina koie jiv nahi tare,
Satguru kahe che pukar Cheto......
30. Those Momins who will be dubious about paying Dasond will have
no material, physical or familial peace.
These are the Momins who have not walked the path of
Satpanth and I am beseeching them.
31) Eji Aakhar jamano aaviyo,
Aavi chelli kaljug ni var,
Avtar sarve pura thaya,
Have sami rajo thashe aswar Cheto......
31. O Momins! This is the last time you have come here and all your Avtars
are now over and now King Ali will
do Aswari (Epiphany) (make Himself known).
32) Eji Dar re chalshe nak lank tano,
Tare thashe te hal halkar,
Te mahain sati jiv jitshe,
Kayar khashe ghan keri mar Cheto......
32. There will be a battle fought by the Imam (Naklank) and this will be
much heralded. Only "good" souls will
win this battle. The stubborn or misguided will have utter defeat.
33) Eji Kayar ma thajore munivaro,
Aagal che dohelore paar,
Ali rajo lekha(n) magashe,
Nisch jaano nirdhar Cheto......
33. So Momins, do not be amongst the misguided for you have a difficult
mountain to climb and Ali will put you
on trial so don't be misguided.
34) Eji Kaljug ni sandh che doheli,
Ae moman bhai tame rahejo hoshiyar,
Dasond dejo satguru mukhe,
Tethi utaro pahele paar Cheto......
34. This Kaljoog is a difficult time, so beware, give Dasond to the right
Guru and that is one way of achieving salvation.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 5 of 76
35) Eji Je dasond nahi deshe satguru mukhe,
Teto kayar thashe ne khashere maar,
Tena haira mahain thi agni uthshe,
Tare jivso te karse pukar Cheto......
35. Those who won't give Dasond to the right Guru and remain stubborn
despite knowing that, they will never
have peace in their hearts and their souls will eternally be crying.
36) Eji Satguru sarve sambaraviaa,
Moman bhai tame karjo vichar,
Aad uniayade thi ae ghar chalioo,
Te Ali rajo karshe sambar Cheto......
36. Momins, I have told you all, it's up to you to think over it. This
house (Satpanth) of Ali is from God Himself.
So do not forget to remember Ali.
37) Eji Lekha(n) leshe gurnar sa(n)hiay,
Tya(n) sao koie puchayeshe nar ne naar,
Otam madhayam tya(n) koie nahi,
Koie keni var na karse lagaar Cheto......
37. When our Lord will question us about our sins no woman or man would be
spared and none will have time
to correct their wrong-doings.
38) Eji Utam aachare utam jan jo,
Madyam aachare madyam saar,
Tame saho koie gnan sambro,
Aagar koie keno nahin nar ne naar Cheto......
38. If you are good in your dealings, so shall you be dealt with and
vice-versa for after all you are all listening to
this Ginan and on that Day nobody will be your buddy.
39) Eji Baap beto keno nahi,
Nahi keno kutamb parivar,
Aevi vela jyare aavashe,
Tyare nahi koie sasro mosar Cheto......
39. A father will not befriend his son nor will you recognize your family
and when a time like that will prevail,
there won't even be any in-laws to worry about.
40) Eji Je jiv srevaae thi chukshe,
Hadai dharm nahir aanse lagaar,
Te mayana moho mahain borshe,
Saho koie sarvathe jashe sansaar Cheto......
40. The soul which has not served and a heart that has not thought of
religion, that person will be so attached in
this world that he will be let down by those he places trust in.
41) Eji Kaljug jamano kathan jyare aavshe,
Tare sahone dile vaparshe kahar,
Te mahain je jiv nahi chetshe,
Te jivne parshe janjal Cheto......
41. This Kaljoog is a difficult time and our heart will really stand a
trial. Those people who will not heed this
warning, these people will have a long way to go.
42) Eji Sansar sarve sambaro,
Sambari ma thajo gemar,
Satguru jugo jug aaviya,
Teni vaani noon tame rakho vichar Cheto......
42. Momins! You may deal with your surroundings (Sansar) but don't let
that lead you astray. The right Guru has
come in each era and that promise is the one you should be thinking about
(you should be searching for the right Guru in this era).
43) Eji Ma(n)ho ma(n)he bandhav larshe,
Teto nahi(n) ganshe mata pita noon parivar,
Kathan vachan kaheshe aap ma,
Aevo te aavshe sansar Cheto......
43. Mother and children will fight with each other and won't consider
themselves as one family. The child will
abuse his mother. Such will be the call of the day (conduct of the time).
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 6 of 76
44) Eji Koie kene ghare nahi aavshe,
Mane aavshe te rosh aapar,
Aha(n)kari a(n)jash aanshe ghano,
Telhi jashe te narak dwar Cheto......
44. People will stop visiting each other. They will blame each other and
selfishness will prevail. All these are roads to Hell.
45) Eji Manre maya thi bolshe,
Nahi koie karshe gnan na vichar,
Te budi ae thi kaal na utar,
Adharmi utpatoon karshe aapar Cheto......
45. Your mind will be involved in Maya (worldly affairs) and no one will
think about Ginans. That sort of mind
does not lead to salvation for that's not the right way to follow religion.
46) Eji Gatno melo tethi bangashe,
Tare nahi koie aavshe te dharm dwar,
Adhram aevo chalse,
Tethi vansshe nar ne naar Cheto.....
46. The attendance at a Jamati gathering will decrease and people will
stop visiting places of worship.
Atheism will be the call of the day and people will pride themselves on
47) Eji Te mana mal mahain thi opajshe,
Tena thashe putra ne parivar,
Dharm na aave tene hadye,
Saoona haday mahain vaparshe kal Cheto......
47. And the offsprings of such disbelieving couples will of course have no
religious feeling. Their feelings will be misguided.
48) Eji Aere aedhan aakhar tana,
Tame saho koie karjo vichar,
Sarvathi sansar vansshe,
Saho koie melshe dharm aachar Cheto......
48. And that is the sign that the End is near, so do think over that
Momins. When selfishness prevails and when everybody leaves religion.
49) Eji Termi sadi aakhar jyare aavshe,
Tare dharm na raheshe lagaar,
Satiaana sat tare totshe,
Hoshe te ho ho kar Cheto......
49. When the 13th century will near its end people will become
irreligious. The good will seem to suffer and will be mocked at.
50) Eji Tare gat mahain but khana vaparshe,
Moman na man kathan thashe aapar
Te mas che mase khana mahain aavshe,
Dharm saraae aavethi paap na jashe lagaar Cheto......
50. Places of worship will turn into places of sin; people's hearts will
harden and hardly once in six months will
they visit Jamatkhana. Thus no sins will be forgiven.
51) Eji Aeva aadharm jyare aavshe,
Tare dhori chare te dhartino bhar,
Tare tharthar dharti dhujshe,
Pap karm noon nahi koie shomar Cheto......
51. When a time like that has prevailed then even the earth will seem to
shake and everything will be base and sinful.
52) Eji Gat sat tirth kari nahi koie janshe,
Jananhar koie virlo sansar,
Aa hoon hoon kari saho koie harshe,
Teanthi gatno melo bangshe saar Cheto......
52. No one will understand the truth or the religion except a few. Most
will be involved in themselves and they
will disrupt congregations that gather for prayer.
53) Eji Tare satguruji na vachan otha pashe,
Saho koie chalshe aapan man ne vichar,
Te dasond na deshe satguru mukhe,
Koie melse dharm aachar Cheto......
53. The right Guru's Farman will not be heeded and everyone will do as
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 7 of 76
they please including not giving their
Dasond and discarding their religious traditions.
54) Eji Adharme an nahi opjase,
Vinasshe kan kanna bandar,
Magya te menhe nahi aavshe,
Alap kan upajshe teni var Cheto......
54. Because of the irreligious era the harvest will not occur and a famine
will set in. It won't rain and it will take a
lot longer to grow things.
55) Eji Aasmani mehula aavshe,
Arap sarap te varas she saar,
Te to hath sarve Mowla Ali,
Jene sirjiya te sarve sansar Cheto......
55 The heavens will appear angry and hail and storm will fall (occur). This
is all in the hands of Mowla Ali, Who
is the Creator of everything.
56) Eji Sansar sirjiya Mowla Ali ae,
Te to sahoni rozi no puranhaar,
Te mahain athar jiv ae jug tana,
Tena necho nahin re lagaar Cheto......
56. Mowla Ali has created this creation and He is the One Who supplies
everyone with Roji (food) and
amongst this creation there are some misguided souls; O Momins, do not
57) Eji Te to necho nahi rakhe nishche kari,
Nahi rakhe te saheb soon pyar,
Bukhya bukhya saho aagal kar,
Ae to prarbadhe aavi malshe aahar Cheto......
57. These misguided souls will be untrusting and they will not love the
Imam of the Time. These will go hungry.
58) Eji Aahaar upar santosh rakhiae,
Nav kariae to bohot pukar,
Jene aa jug paeda kariya,
Te to Ali che rojino puranhaar Cheto......
58. Momins, be satisfied with the food you get; do not hunger for more.
The one who has created this earth is
Ali, Who will give you your Roji (i.e. sustenance).
59) Eji Seva kije saheb tani,
To tale te jiv ne janjal,
Matana odar ma(n) jene purya,
Gibaravas ma kidhi sanbar Cheto......
59. Serve the Imam through which you will evolve your soul for He is the
One who helped you whilst you were in
your mother's womb and He looked after you then.
60) Eji Te Ali ji upare vishvas nahi,
Sahu koie chalshe te potane aachar,
Bohot budiye saho koie chalshe,
Teno man no nahi matere janjal Cheto......
60. Those who will not trust Ali and will continue to go the way they will
and will think their own intellect to be
superior, these people will never have internal peace.
61) Eji Sansar sagharo aem thayo,
Sat guru ji kahe te ketlik war,
Murkh mayani jar ma(n),
Saho koie bur muae re gemar Cheto......
61. Momins, the whole creation was thus created and I do not repeat that;
yet the unthinking person is so
involved in his worldly affairs that he cannot surface from this affair to
realize all this.
62) Eji Ali jini sevaae thi chukshe,
Teno bheth paryore avtar,
Chetanhara tame chetjo,
Man kho nahi aave biju vaar Cheto......
62. Those who will not serve Ali, verily they have lost this Avtar (the
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 8 of 76
purpose they were sent for) so beware, O
Momins, for you will not come back as a human being.
63) Eji Maha padar thi sarikho aa mankho,
Teno satguru ji ae dharm didho sanbar,
Te mahain sacha munivar aapana,
Tene sami rajo leshe ogar Cheto......
63. The human Avtar is indeed a high evolvement of soul. In this Avtar you
have been introduced to religion and
those who are true to this, our Lord will give them salvation.
64) Eji Te mahain khara dasondi je sukrit vanta,
Tene te bandhi pun ni paar,
Te gnam vichari ne chalshe,
Teni kaljug nahin lupse lagaar Cheto......
64. Those who are Dasondi and who walk the path of Satpanth, they have
indeed accumulated good deeds
and those who will understand the Ginans and follow them, these will not
get entrapped in the material world.
65) Eji Te char jug aavine pura thaya,
Hawe nahin koie agiyar mo avtar,
Te senso mate sacha satguru thaki,
Teni sharane te raho nirdhar Cheto......
65. Momins, four Joogs (four eras) are completed and there is no eleventh
Avtar to come. Thus the only way to
complete your spiritual evolvement is to submit yourself to His feet and
stay by His support.
66) Eji Gat sagari tame hete milo
Momino keni khed ma karsho lagar
Seva karo sacha satguru tani
Tethi panasho moksh mugat didar Cheto......
66. O Momins, get together and meet each other with love. Do not speak ill
of each other. Serve the Imam of
the Time and that will lead you to Holy Didar.
67) Eji Jene aa jiv pind sariya
Tena samarath no nahi(n) re(n) paar
Khari dasond tene aaliye
Ae to khateya nire sambar Cheto......
67. The One who has created our soul and our body, there is no limit to
Him. He is the One who should be
given Dasond and indeed by doing so, you will be the winner.
68) Eji Te satguru ni pa(n)ti algi karo
Ane bijoon karo potano aahar
Te mahain te thashe barkat ghani
Teno sneso ma aansho lagaar Cheto.....
68. Remember Satguru before anything you do; then have your meal and you
will find that your meals will
always be enough.
69) Eji Te aapane didha vina nahi chalshe
Ae gurnar lobi nahire lagar
Mankha janam mathe theraviyo
Ae saho sahona mathe chhe baar Cheto....
69. Momins, He will indeed give us what we desire for He is generous and
that is why He has created us as
humans, so it is incumbent on us to remember that.
70) Eji Jetla sharmo peda kidha
Te saho mahain chaliya aere vahevar
Hindu musalman potani nat mahain
Saho krie diay che potana guru mukhe aahar Cheto.....
70. All the religions that have been created, they all have Ali as their
solvent. Hindu or Muslim may stay true to
their principles, but in fact, there is only one God and that is Ali.
71) Eji Sarjanharo mowla aek chhe
Tene kidha che panth apar
Te mahain saho saho potane thanke
Aapana dharm mahain rahe hushiyar Cheto.....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 9 of 76
71. The Creator is One, the paths are many. Everybody is at his/her own
level; so do remain steadfast in your religion.
72) Eji Adhoro ocho kya(n) nahi(n)
Sarv satha ne che aek sarjan haar
Te sevane karane sarjiya
Guru brahma ji nabi Mohd no avtar Cheto.....
72. Those who are not steadfast do not achieve much. Again, there is only
one Creator and He has created us
to serve Him. Our Prophet Muhammed is (a manifestation of) Brahma.
73) Eji Nabi Mohd Mustafa upaviya
Teno chalyo che parivar
Satguri brahma Mohd aek che
Teno karta te vishano var datar Cheto.....
73. Prophet Muhammed Mustafa was created to complete a mission. Brahma and
Muhammed are one and Vishnu became his son-in-law.
74) Eji Satguru saheb varo vahi gayo
Tena ved rahaya che saar
Hindu mane che te vadne
Te upar dandiae che sansar Cheto.....
74. Brahma's era has passed and only the scriptures have remained. Hindus
believe in those scriptures and base their alm-givings on that.
75) Eji Te vedni vaani upar dharm diay
Tena jutha te levanhaar
Brahma jina sut te kaheway che
Te pota mathe liae che sahono bar Cheto......
75. It is with those scriptures that Hinduism continues and there are many
who do not understand it. That scripture says that Brahma shoulders the
burden of everyone.
76) Eji Brahma jina sut tene kahieae
Je koie pale dharm aachar
Dan liae teto safal kari
Tene mathe nahi reshe bar Cheto......
76. The true followers of Brahma are the ones who follow the religion
properly. They take alms after
accomplishing their purpose and thus they do not owe anything to anyone.
77) Eji Brahma jina sut te Mohd Mustafa
Satgur noor teno parivar
Satgur noor savrag thi utarya
Tene bodhiya te sarve sansar Cheto.....
77. Prophet Muhammed is like Brahmaji and the Satgur's Noor is descendant
from Him. Satgur's Noor has
come from the Heaven and He has taught the world the right religion.
78) Eji Te satguru noor thi aalaj chali ya
Pir Shams teno pariwar
Hajar joman tene dekhariya
Murtaza ali no avtar Cheto.....
78. Pir Satgur Noor's progeny is Pir Shams and they have introduced you to
the present Imam who is really Mowla Murtaza Ali.
79) Eji Te Murtaza Ali avtare aa
Abu Talib ne gher avtar
Te Baitullah mahain peda thaya
Te shaher makka min jai Cheto.....
79. Murtaza Ali was born to Abu Talib in Baitulla, which is in Mecca.
80) Eji Mata ji gayata bait mahain
Tayat karvane saar
Ibadat karine jyare uthiya
Ali pedani same thai teniajwar Cheto.....
80. His mother was doing Baiyat and was in Ibadat when Hazrat Ali was born.
81) Eji Tare mataji pariya(n) vichar ma
Have gher gayani nathi var
Ta(n) kere ghar bijo hato
Teni bint fali bari thai teniajwar Cheto.....
81. Hazrat Ali's mother was surprised at this incident of Hazrat Ali being
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 10 of 76
hile she was praying for she was away from home when He was born.
82) Eji Tare mataji uthi te mahain gaya
Huran be aaviyoon te ghar ninjar
Te same Ali peda thaya
Te aad nirianjan noon avtar Cheto.....
82. She did not have to worry very long for two angels came to assist her
when Ali was born. Verily He is God Manifest.
83) Eji Tame sat divas aankhioon nahi aghariyoon
Mukh thi khirna pidhoon lagar
Tara nabi Mohd ne malum thayoon
Teto aaviya teaniaj var Cheto.....
83. For seven days He would not open His eyes and would not take any milk.
This made Prophet Muhammed realize (who Hazrat Ali was) and he cam to Him.
84) Eji Tare salam kidha sarvare
Ali ae aankhiyoon oghariyoon teaniaj var
Tare didar kidha nabi Mohamed tana
Mukh thi salam varyo ali kirtar Cheto.....
84. He (Prophet Muhammed) paid respects to Hazrat Ali, upon which He
opened His eyes and they mutually
saw each other and Hazrat Ali smiled at the Prophet.
85) Eji Tare mukh ughariyoon Mowla Ali jiae
Tena mukh mahain jib didhi sardar
Tya(n) bed sagharo samabara viya
Te char kitabaj saar Cheto.....
85. Since that day Hazrat Ali opened His mouth and has become our leader
(check this word). He has told us the secrets of here and after and His
words are the gist of the four scriptures.
86) Eji Tare potani kudarat rakhi pota kane
Nabi Mohammed samajya sarve vichar
Dhan dhan mat tat ne kahiae
Ay che aad nirinjan no avtar Cheto.....
86. Prophet Muhammed had understood Hazrat Ali's greatness and
congratulated His mother for being chosen
to be the person through which God would manifest.
87) Eji Aene partham pahelo sahi kidho
Jyare ditha te shah na didar
Pache te muridone vataviyo
Te mahain je orkhashe te pamshe paar Cheto....
87. The Prophet first assured himself of Hazrat Ali and got His Holy
Didar. He then introduced Ali to the
Momins and those who recognized Him indeed achieved salvation.
88) Eji Te satguru sahebjieay sreva kari
Shukrana kidha ati apaar
Ali ne te allah orakhiyo
Te mahain shak na aanio lagaar Cheto.....
88. So Momins, serve that Lord and be thankful for Ali is Allah and do not
ever doubt it.
89) Eji Tare arash mahinthi maliek utariya
Te aaviya paygambar pase tenivar
Te puchva lagiya paiygambar ne
Tame shoon shoon ditha sardar Cheto....
89. The angels came down from the skies to ask the Prophet where and how
did you see the leader .
90) Eji Tare mukh mubarak mahain thi boliya
Nabi Mohammed teniaj vaar
Ame mojiza kitha mukh ali jine
Aapano bhed aaliyo che sanbar Cheto.....
90. The Prophet replied: "I have seen a miracle from (in) Ali's face and
He has introduced me to the secrets of the here and after."
91) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed ne malaeke kahayoon
Amne dekharo Ali vardatar
Ame didar kariya shah Ali tana
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 11 of 76
To utariya pele paar Cheto....
91. The angels requested the Prophet: "Please show us Ali the Lord so that
we may get His Holy Didar and achieve salvation."
92) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed ne malaek chaliya
Te aaviya Abu Talib ne duar
Tyan noor dithon nirakar noon
Kidhoon kuransoon teni vaar Cheto....
92. The Nabi then took the angels to Hazrat Abu Talib's home where they
all saw Allah's Noor (Illahi Noor) and completed their mission.
93) Eji Tare salam kari te to pacha variya
Te malaek ne sardar
Tare malaek Nabi Mohammed ne kahayoon
Ae to che arash kurash noon kirtar Cheto....
93. After saluting Hazrat Ali the angels turned back and said to the
Prophet: "Verily He is the Creator of the earth and the heaven."
94) Eji Hamne jene hukam kariyo
Ane mukiya tam pase sardar
Sohi ame aene jaanta
Te mahain shak nahi re lagaar Cheto.....
94. The One who has commanded me and has made me your leader (check the
word), O Momin, He is the
only One I know and I request you not to doubt Him.
95) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed aem boliya
Bhai malaek tamne kahoon vichar
Amne pote orkhavio
Ae che susatino sirjan har Cheto.....
95. Prophet Muhammed said to the angels that Ali revealed Himself to me
and verily He is the Creator of the universe.
96) Eji Ali te to sahi allah kahiye
Tema oocho nahire lagaar
Ame aene manio sidak soon
Aeno nam che jallshanaho aakar Cheto......
96. Momins, do call Ali Allah and nothing less for I have believed in Him
with implicit faith and He is my Lord.
97) Eji Sidak barshaq Ali kahiye
Te aad nirinjan no avtar
Tare Nabi Mohammed ne saho salam kari
Malaek gaya potane duar Cheto.....
97. Ali is the all-powerful and He is God Manifest. Prophet Muhammed and
the angels paid their respects to Him and they went back to their abode.
98) Eji Malaek tyanthi mathe gaya
Pahota hajor parvardigaar
Tare kuran soon kari uba rahaya
Tare ditho te Ali jino aakar Cheto.....
98. When the angels went back to the Heaven and were fortunate to go to
God's presence; to their amazement it was none other than Hazrat Ali.
99) Eji Mowla Murtaza Ali duniya mahain zaher thaye
Teni kudrat no nahi koie paar
Dine islam aethi payda thayo
Te karame mathe thi utarya duldul ne zulfiqar Cheto....
99. So Momins, God has proclaimed Himself in Hazrat Ali and there is no
end to what He can do. He gave us
Islam and then came to us riding Dul Dul and with Zulfiqar (sword) in His
100) Eji Tene mari musllaman karya
Hindu hata teno nahi koie shumar
Din pota no zaher kariyo
Tena Nabi Mohammed ne kidha sardar Cheto....
100. The people were converted to Islam and no Hindus were left. They
could practise their religion openly and Prophet Muhammed was their leader.
101) Eji Nabi Mohammed sat brahma kahiae
Tena farzand bibi Fatima saar
Tare Nabi Mohammed chinta upani
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 12 of 76
Aeno kon te thashe bharthar Cheto.....
101. Nabi Muhammed is the right Brahma and his daughter is Bibi Fatima.
This worried the Prophet - who would marry his daughter?
102) Eji Nabi Mohammed ne shahe maeraj te raviaa
Tyan dithi te kudrat aapar
Tare farman aaviyo Ali janab thi
Tame chinta ma karo lagaar Cheto....
102. When Prophet was called on (experienced) Meraj, he saw many wonderful
things and Hazrat Ali made a Farman to him not to worry.
103) Eji Tam ghar farzand bibi Fatima
Teno am pase che bharthar
Te kul tamari mahain avtariya
Te Abu Talib ne gher avtar Cheto....
103. I have chosen a husband for your daughter, Bibi Fatima, who has come
to you through Abu Talib's lineage.
104) Eji Te roop amaroon jaanjo
Te Mowla Murtaza Ali avtar
Ali allah aek kari jaanjo
Te mahain shak ma aanjo lagaar Cheto....
104. Know My form, for though I am manifest in Murtaza Ali, I am the
Creator and do not doubt that.
105) Eji Jyare aevo farman aaviyo hazar thi
Tare Nabi Mohammed ne aaviyo aetbaar
Tyan dithi kudrat kadar tani
Boliya Nabi Mohammed teni var Cheto.....
105. When the Prophet heard this at Meraj, he gained faith and he saw
106) Eji Tare araj kidhi Ali janab ma
Tame sambaro parvardigar
Ali allah aek farmaviya
Teno te koon karshe aetbaar Cheto....
106. He requested Hazrat Ali saying, "How will I convince my fellow human
beings that you are God Manifest?"
107) Eji Tare dargah mathi farman aaviyo
Tame sambaro Mohammed mora piyar
Tam ghar farzand bibi Fatima
Teno Ali che bharthar Cheto.....
107. The reply from the Heaven to the Prophet was: "O My beloved Prophet,
marry your daughter to Hazrat Ali."
108) Eji Tam ghar farzand nar che
Am ghar farzand the bharthar
Tame Mohammed ame jallshanho
Aapan donoon no ay che vahevar Cheto.....
108. You have a daughter and I have the husband for her. You are Muhammed
and I am "Jal Shahnur"(Creator). Together we will carry on the mission.
109) Eji Jyare ae farzand mota thashe
Tyare karshoon te duniaanoon aachar
Ame tame donoon aek chiae
Tenoon koie na karsho vichar Cheto......
109. When your daughter will grow older I will create the circumstance for
her to marry Ali for indeed you are
from My Noor, so don't worry about the future.
110) Eji Bibi Fatima voravajo
Te Hazrat Ali gher nar
Tene tame tyan aaljo
Dejo dej mahain khawja char Cheto.....
110. Marry Bibi Fatima to Hazrat Ali in the dowry give her four servants.
111) Eji Te khawja raheshe hazoor main
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 13 of 76
Te upare bibi Fatima dharshe piyar
Teni dua ae tito vijshe
Tena thashe baho parivar Cheto....
111. These servants will stay with her and will respect and love Bibi
Fatima and she will ove them. These
servants will be regular in their prayers and their families will be happy.
112) Eji Teto manshe Mowla Ali ne
Seva karshe dhari baho pujar
Teno allah te ali kahiae
Je koie aanshe itbaar Cheto....
112. They will also believe in Hazrat Ali and will serve Him with love and
will acknowledge Ali as Allah.
113) Eji Ali allah je koie manshe
Teno pir te Nabi Mohammed avtar
Je nabi jini aal mahain thi upajshe
Te pir musalle saar Cheto....
113. Those who will acknowledge Ali as Allah, they are indeed equivalent
to Pir and Nabi, and one can call them as from Nabi.
114) Eji Aal alijini sahi kari manshe
Je thashe te khawja no parwar
Sache sidake te chalshe
Ali Mohammed ni aal upar rakhshe piyar Cheto....
114. Momins, believe Ali's progeny to be true and those who will do this
will get the benefit as those servants did. They will also be guided to
the right path if they will love Ali and Muhammed.
115) Eji Tena iamn ame rakhshoon
Jyare vartse kaljug kalikar
Tene potana kari rakhshoon
Aagal mahadan mahain utarsoon paar Cheto.....
115. We will believe with true Iman in Ali, especially in this present
material world (Kaljoog); we will also
consider Him as our own so that He will be our cause for salvation. (This
is what the servants will pledge.)
116) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed boiya
Tame sambaro parvardigaar
Tamare farman ne ame chalsoon
Tame mehar karo sirjan haar Cheto.....
116. Nabi then replied, "O My Lord, I will obey Your Farman, please be
Merciful on me."
117) Eji Te Ali Mohammed aek che
Tena nam na joaa joaa vichar
Ali kirtar vishanu kahiae
Nabi Mohammed brahma jino avtar Cheto....
117. Momins, Ali and Muhammed are one. It is like different attributes of
God as one who would compare Ali to
Vishnu and Muhammed to Brahma.
118) Eji Tame sirjanhaar aem boliya
Jenon naam parvardigaar
Maheshwar murat te mahain mili
Te aadam safiullah noon avtar Cheto....
118. The Lord then replied: The Lord who is the Creator of this universe -
Maheshvar is that Creator and He
has created Hazrat Adam and manifested Himself.
119) Eji Tare maheraj mahain thi Mohammed utariya
Te aaviya jyan hato potano parivar
Aasane aavi parvariya
Tyan betiya Ali var dataar Cheto....
119. The Prophet then came down from his Meraj to his house and went to
bed where he met Hazrat Ali.
120) Eji Bibi Fatima jare mota thaya
Tyare vali hokam hoyo parvardigar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 14 of 76
Hazrat Ali ne paran vajo
Ane dej mahain dejo khawja char Cheto....
120. When Bibi Fatima became older, Prophet received another order from
Allah to marry Bibi Fatima to Ali and give her four servants in dowry.
121) Eji Tare Farman mani Nabi Mohammed ubha rahiya
Jai Alisoon karyo vichar
Bibi Fatima tame hak karo
Ae che tamari naar Cheto....
121. Prophet heeded the Farman and requested Hazrat Ali to marry Bibi Fatima.
122) Eji Tare hazrat ali ae hak karya
Bibi Fatima dikari Nabi Mohammed ni saar
Tare Nabi Mohammed Mustafa
Ali aa dej mahain khawja char Cheto....
122. Hazrat Ali thus married Bibi Fatima, the Prophet's daughter, and the
Prophet gave her a dowry of four servants.
123) Eji Te khawaja khizmat mahain aaliya
Teona namna sambalo vichar
Arabi bakhya mahain te hata
Teto Gujrati mahain kidha nirdhar Cheto.....
123. These servants served Ali; Momin, listen to their names which were in
Arabic and I'll try to translate them for you.
124) Eji Khalak khudabaksh ae be jana
Trijo te sadak saar
Abdul Rasool ae char jana
Bibi Fatimane Aliyu sardar Cheto....
124. Their names were Khalak, Khudabaksh, Sadak, Abdurasool; and Bibi
Fatima was in charge of them.
125) Eji Teoae khizmat kidhi khavand tani
Te umaro sari saar
Teni aakhar vela jare aavi
Tare bibi Fatima ae dhariya piyar Cheto....
125. These servants served both Bibi Fatima and her husband (Hazrat Ali)
all their lives and even when their
final moments came, they remained steadfast in their love for Ali.
126) Eji Bibi Fatima tyare boliya
Tame sambaro hydre karar
Sari umro aeoae seva kari
Teno aapana upar rahyo che bhar Cheto....
126. Bibi Fatima requested Ali, saying: "O My Beloved Alim, these people
have served us all their lives; how can we repay them?"
127) Eji Tare Hazrat Ali farmaviya
Tame sambaro bib Fatima saar
Je kaho te aeone aaliye
Aem boliya te haydare karar Cheto....
127. Hazrat Ali replied: "Listen, Bibi Fatima, ask them what they want,
and so shall they have."
128) Eji Tare bibi Fatima baliya
Tame sambaro Ali bharthar
Aeone tame duaa karjo
Je aeone thaae kutumb parivar Cheto....
128. Bibi Fatima requested Hazrat Ali to bless the servants so that they
and their families may live happily and peacefully.
129) Eji Tare hazrat Ali ae khawja teraviaa
Te one puchio te sarve vichar
Aaj je joiea te tame mag jo
Tamne trutha te Alivar dataar Cheto....
129. Hazrat Ali called the four servants and said: "You can ask Me what
you want today for I am in a generous mood today."
130) Eji Tare khawja khalek aem boliyo
Tame sambaro parvardigar
Tam truthe amne sarve thayshe
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 15 of 76
Tame kayam cho kudrat na datar Cheto.....
130. Khalak then replied: O my Lord, Your happiness towards me is all I
want for indeed You are the Creator of the universe.
131) Eji Amaroon iman sabat rakhjo
Jethi utariya pele paar
Bijoon atloon ame ma(n)giye
Je varvar hove tamaro didar Cheto....
131. Keep my Iman strong so that I may cross this world that is like an
ocean. The next thing I ask is that I may be blessed with Your Didar always.
132) Eji Sreva tamari nav chokiae
Aevi maher karjo alivar kirtar
Aal amari koie nathi
Jethi kere chale amaro parivar Cheto...
132. Bless us also with more Seva for You for indeed me and my family are
nothing. You are everything.
133) Eji Ame char jan is jug mahain aaviya
Teni shankh na raheshe mahain sansar
Amaro pind pota tano
Saheb tamo cho amara aadhar Cheto....
133. So Momins, this is how these four great men lived their lives. They
did not consider themselves more important than their Lord.
134) Eji Aem kahine khawja roieya
Tene naine aavian nir apar
Tare mataji Fatima aem boliya
Tame chinta ma karo lagaar Cheto....
134. Whilst these servants were asking Ali for all the above blessings,
they ere crying and Bibi Fatima comforted them and asked them not to worry.
135) Eji Tare fari Fatima aem boliya
Tame sambaro hazrat bharthar
Tame duaa karo ayoone meher soon
Jem thay ayoone putra ne parivar Cheto.....
135. Bibi Fatima then requested Hazrat Ali: "O my husband, bless these
servants so that they may have a happy family and a son."
136) Eji Baga te noor saja thaya
Aem dua kidhi Ali datar
Tene laiene paramaivaya
Utam varan mahein saar Cheto....
136. Those who were ill in that family thus became healthy and each
servant was married away.
137) Eji Te chare khawya ne paranviya
Te mahin aek noon nahi parivar
Tene te kainik ochoon kari janiyoo
Ali janab parvardigar Cheto....
137. Though each were married, one of them did not conceive and he was the
one who had not believed Ali implicitly.
138) Eji Chare khawjane paramavi kari
Aaleaa teone dharm aachar
Te chare ne aazad kariya
Aem hukam kidho Alivar datar Cheto....
138. After these four servants were married and after they had accepted
Islam, they were released from Hazrat
Ali's service; thus was His command.
139) Eji Have ame tamne azad kariya
Tame jao te pase sardar
Tene farmane tame chaljo
To pamsho moksh mugat didar Cheto.....
139. Hazrat Ali said, "I release you to be with your family, but follow My
Farmans and you will achieve salvation."
140) Eji Tare chare khawya Nabi ji pase gaya
Amne trutha te Alivar datar
Have amne laie tamne sonpiya
Have tainthi otariye paar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 16 of 76
140. The four then went to the Prophet and requested him to take them in
his service for they said that Hazrat
Ali has been happy with us and no longer needs our service.
141) Eji Tare Nabi Mohammed bodhi teone murid karya
Tene dekhiriya sat dharm na aachar
Ali te manjo allah kari
Te mukh khari dasond dejo saar Cheto....
141. Then Hazrat Nabi guided these four and showed them the right path;
asked them to acknowledge Ali as
Allah and to pay their Dasond regularly.
142) Eji Dasond dasmi pati kahiae
Te dejo nar Alijine aahar
Chalio amaro aaljo
Pir murid noon ae che vevar Cheto....
142. Dasond is the tenth of your earning which you submit to Ali and the
fortieth is our (Pir's) share. Momins, this is how you deal with us.
143) Eji Ali te allah kari manjo
Pir te Nabi Mohammed sardar
Amare farmane tame chaljo
To tamara vadhshe putra ne parivar Cheto....
143. Acknowledge Ali as Allah and Pir is on the same footing as the Nabi.
Thus follow what we say to you and
that will ensure that you and your family will flourish.
144) Eji Teni aendhani tamne don
Teno tamne kahoon choon vichar
Aal tamari je thayshe
Potri potra ne parivar Cheto....
144. I have introduced you to Him and request you to think about Him so
that you may in turn have your daughters and sons know Him too.
145) Eji Tene tame laie kari chaljo
Te parvat opare saar
Tene tyanthi tame meljo
Ali allah kahi tene aadhar Cheto....
145. Momins, take Ali's thoughts with you even at the peak of your
success, and if you have to leave his
thought, leave it after acknowledging Him as Allah.
146) Eji Te Ali allah sahi hashe
To tamara ogarshe putra ne parivar
To ae nar ne srevjo satsoon
Dasond dijo ae narjine saar Cheto....
146. If your faith in Ali is true, then your family will indeed flourish.
Thus serve Him implicitly and pay your Dasond.
147) Eji Nar Alijine dasond jo tame aalso
To tamara vadhashe ridhi sidhi potra ne parivar
Iman salamat tena rakkshe
Aapano nar Ali che sirjan haar Cheto....
147. If you pay Dasond to Ali your material wealth and your progeny will
increase. He will also keep your Iman strong. Verily Ali is the Creator.
148) Eji Tyanthi aal tamari jugmahain chalshe
Tene senso nahire lagaar
Je jiv satpanth dharm pichanshe
Jyan sudhi aavshe kiyamat rojni sambar Cheto....
148. Your children that come after you will never go hungry or unhappy
till the Day of Judgement if you have understood Satpanth.
149) Eji Tamari aal je thayshe
Tenoon aa satpanthsoon raheshe vahevar
Nar alijine te sahi kari manshe
Pir nabi Mohammed te muslle saar Cheto...
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 17 of 76
149. The children that follow you will adhere to Satpanth. They will
believe in Ali and will be among the Muslims who will acknowledge Muhammed.
150) Eji Kaljug sandhe bijane bodhshe
Je thashe amaro parivar
Te mahain thar thar koie koie raheshe
Aevo kaljugno kathan thashe vahevar Cheto.....
150. During Kaljoog times will be difficult and only the sincere will be
able to keep their Iman strong for diversions will be plenty.
151) Eji Tare kiyana hiana jiv dolshe
Je melshe satpanth dharm no aachar
Aa satpanth meli baher jaaeshe
Ane karshe juth ninda ne kura charavshe aar Cheto....
151. Those who will not have followed their religious duty regularly will
lose their religion. They will also be
amongst those who backbite and are deceptive.
152) Eji Te dare divane vatoon karshe
Aapana dharm maragno vistar
Te to dasond deta ochoon aanashe
Tena jiv te thar nahi raheshe lagar Cheto.....
152. These people will also talk a lot against religion. They won't be
regular in their Dasond and they will never have peace of mind.
153) Eji Tyan te tamari aalna je hashe
Teni nar aliji karshe vaar
Iman sabit tena rakhashe
Jare avshe kaljug sandh ni var Cheto.....
153. In times like this Ali will come to the help of your children, O
Momins, and He will make sure that their Iman remains steadfast.
154) Eji Kari salam tare uthiya
Nabi Mohammed pase thi khawja char
Tene jie potano ogham kario
Deta dasond khariya ni saar Cheto....
154. When the Khwajas (servants) heard the above preachings from the Nabi,
they stood up saluting him andwere amongst those who followed his teachings.
155) Eji Satguru Nabi ji Ali ji ne farmane dharm aalio
Teno vadhio te ridhi sidhi ne parivar
Tena balak jare opje tare
Parvat thi hethe mele saar Cheto....
155. Nabi introduced them to Satpanth; they had success in their material
and spiritual worlds and their families flourished.
156) Eji Aere aachai aaj din lagi
Te bukhaya tarshya nahire lagaar
Teni aal aajdin lagi
Te Nabi Mohammed bodhiya khawaja char Cheto....
156. Till this day the families of these servants have never gone hungry
and they have continued the tradition of spreading Islam.
157) Eji Te to asal dharmisoon sabit rahiya
Nahi melio te dharm aachar
Teoae aa satpanth gupt aaradhio.
Te panth no pardo fas na kidho lagaar Cheto.....
157. They remained true to the right (original) religion and they did this
without publicising it.
158) Eji Te dasond sukrite pura rahiya
Juth ninda na kidhi lagaar
Tene te doheloon kem hove
Je aale dasond satguru mukhe aahar Cheto....
158. They stayed true in their dealings and Dasond. They never indulged in
backbiting - how can people like this ever suffer unhappiness?
159) Eji Aere khawaja satpanth mahain aaviya
Jare hati Nabi Mohammed ni vaar
Tyanthi satpanth chaliyo
Teto jaher kidho Nabi Mohammed no parivar Cheto...
159. My belief is that the servants led exemplary lives on which our
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 18 of 76
Satpanth was emulated and they served Nabi and his family.
160) Eji Ali nabijini kala mahain thi apana
Imam Hassan Hussein parivar
Tena kur mahain thi opana
Hazrat Zainulabdin avtar Cheto....
160. Hazrat Ali is from the Prophet's lineage and Hasan and Husseyn are
His children and Zainulabdeen is His grandson.
161) Eji Tyanthi aalay chaliaa
Te to avtare avtar
Tene srevanta je bulshe
Te to jashe nark dwar Cheto....
161. Similarly this line will continue with every Joma (every descendant
Imam). Momins, do not forget to serve
Him, for if you do, you will not achieve heaven.
162) Eji Ali nabi thi je satpanth chaliaa
Tene sreviay gupt aapar
Atharvedi aa panth kahiae
Te to khojiya kuran minjar Cheto....
162. The religion that has been introduced to you by Ali and Nabi, observe
it within yourself for truly this religion
is from the time of creation and you can find its proof in the Holy Quran.
163) Eji Das sipara kuran na
Teno ay atharvedaj saar
Te gupt satpanth rakhiay
Aaradhiya teto pamiya moksh mugat didar Cheto.....
163. The Holy Quran confirms this in ten Siparas (chapters) just as Athar
Ved (Hindu Scripture) confirms it too.
So Momins, observe this without much ado for that is your salvation.
164) Eji Anant kalapanant jug vahi gaya
Te mahain jiv oghariaa apar
Ah kaljug mahain Ali Nabi ji aaviya
Te pan karva jivoni sambar Cheto....
164. Countless eras have passed and your soul has passed through all those
eras. In the present era you have Ali and Nabi to guide you to salvation,
165) Eji Tene farmane je jiv chalshe
Te jiv pamshe moksh didar
Chara charbat je jiv shikhashe
Te to jashe narak dwar Cheto...
165. Those Momins who will obey their Farmans will achieve Noorani Didar.
Those who will question the
Farmans and think themselves cleverer will not achieve salvation.
166) Eji Aad uniaade thi ay sat dharm chhe
Char kalap n echar juh mahain saar
Jakh navano karor pahela kalap mahain
Te to pamiya moksh muhat didar Cheto....
166. The Satpanth (or true religion) which you have from creation will
help you get through the four Joogs just as
99 Karor souls achieved salvation in the first Joog.
167) Eji Bija kalap mahain oghariya
Chapan karor megh mala saar
Aad sadguru sahevjini sevaay te rahiya
Tene orakhiyo potano bharthar Cheto....
167. In the second era, fifty-six Karor souls served the true Guru and
168) Eji Bathrisha karor kinar kahiay
Tene to satgurusoon rakhiyo puro vahevar
Ay jiv aagal oghariaa
Trija kalap mahain nirdhar Cheto...
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 19 of 76
168. Thirty-two Karor souls attached themselves rightly to the True Guru
in the third era and thus achieved salvation.
169) Eji Tetrisa karor dharmi pura thaya
Teto chotha kalap mahain saar
Te satguru ni sevaay thi nahi chukiaa
Teto pahota amarapuri monjar Cheto...
169. Thirty-three Karor souls observed their religion implicitly in the
fourth era. They did not forget to serve the Guru and thus achieved
170) Eji Te chotha kalap mahain thi char jug thaya
Teno karta te nar Ali datar
Karta, treta, divapar jug kariaa
Ane chotha te kaljug saar Cheto....
170. In the fourth era there were four Joogs and Ali was the cause of
that: Karta (first Joog), Treta (second joog), Duapur (third Joog) and the
fourth Joog is Kaljoog.
171) Eji Karta juge raja paelay opana
Tene satguru saheb ni sreva kidhi saar
Harankans ghar avtarya
Tene to baap soon na rakhiyo vahevar Cheto.....
171. King Pehla was the true Guru in Kartajoog and he served the Lord. He
was born of Hamakas (Pehla's father's name) and he looked after him.
172) Eji Pitaay tene parharyo
Te to janamiyo van monjar
Teni sreva dithi sahebjiae
Tare thamb mahain thi pragatae dev morar Cheto....
172. His father brought him up after he was born in a forest and when the
Lord saw Pehla's devotion, He manifested Himself to him.
173) Eji Paelay n i vare sri Narsinh aaviya
Jare kasani te dithi saar
Mag mag paelaj sri Narsinh bane
Tamne trotho te vardatar Cheto....
173. After Pehla, Narsi was the next who went through many tribulations
but he followed the path like Pehla and the Lord was beneficent to him.
174) Eji Tare paelaj hari pratye boliya
Shami dhan dhan satguru ji avtar
Tene pratape tame padhariya
Te satfuru opare jaon balhar Cheto....
174. Pehla was happy when he achieved salvation and said: O Lord, You are
the cause of my creation and I will submit fully to You, body and soul.
175) Eji Jere satguru thaki ame seva kari
Ane pamiaa te tamaro didar
Te satguru ne pratape kari
Amne choravo lakh chorashina avtar Cheto.....
175. He thus served the Lord and achieved Noorani Didar. The Lord was
beneficent to him and he completed 84 Lakh evolutions.
176) Eji Satguru pratape Sri Narsinh trotha
Karor panchesoon otariya paar
Teto jiv amrapuri gaya
Tene senso nahin re lagaar Cheto.....
176. Because of Satguru, who came to you, the King of the Kings (God) is
happy with you and has givensalvation to five Karor. The five Karor have
gone to Heaven and will have no unhappiness.
177) Eji Jug treta mahain harichandra thaya
Te ghar Tara Rani naar
Kunwar Rohidas teno potra kahiay
Tene seviaa te Vishanu kirtar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 20 of 76
177. In the Treta Joog, Harischandra came and his wife was Queen Tara.
Their son was Rohidas and they all served Lord Vishnu.
178) Eji Te mahain sabi Tara raniay seva kari
Te sami jini rahiaa thi utariaa paar
Tene sangte thi satguru pamiaa
Tethi dharm mahe(n) aaviyo Harichandra bharthar Cheto....
178. Queen Tara served the Lord and achieved salvation. She was like our
Satguru and that is why she had a husband like Harischandra.
179) Eji Te raja Harichandra satguru sevaae rahiya
Teno putra ne gharni naar
Tene rajpat sarve meli kari
Ane Dhiaieaa te sat dharm saar Cheto....
179. King Harischandra remained devoted in his services and when the time
came, he even gave his son, his queen and kingdom for religion.
180) Eji Tene hal mal sarve didho satguru name
Ane pote vecham zaprane dwar
Tene tyan satguru jaie miliya
Jyare dithi te kasni aapar Cheto.....
180. All his wealth and his material comforts diminished. He got sold as a
slave and it was after going through this ordeal that he attained Satguru.
181) Eji Tare varo hato sri Ramchand jino
Tyan satguru saheb Vijesthan saar
Jene ay wvtar jani seva kari
Te odhariya nar ne naar Cheto....
181. During that time, Ram was manifest and Satguru was Vijayshthan who
served Ram and because of that he achieved salvation.
182) Eji Sat karor soon amra puri gaya
Tene satguru Vijesthan otariya paar
Aeva thaiene chaljo rikhisaro
Tamne kahoon chhon sarva vichar Cheto.....
182. With him, seven Karor went to Heaven, so be like Vijayshthan and
Momins, do think about this incident.
183) Eji Satguru jugajuge aaviya
Tene to sahune dharm batavio che saar
Chetanhaara tame chetjo
Aa mankha avtar nahi aave biji vaar Cheto....
183. The right Guru has come in each era to guide us to the right path.
Those who are aware of this, understand it for surely you will not be
184) Eji Duapur juge pandav oghariya
Tene te rakhio sri krishan sson ati pyar
Mata kuntajina te sut kahiay
Sati Drupatijina bharthar Cheto....
184. In the Duapur era, Panch Pandaw came and they loved Shri Krishna.
Their mother was Kunta who was Truth and their wife was Dropati.
185) Eji Dharm beem arjun kahiye
Sahdev nikur chodra apar
Tene Kururkshetra mahain youdh kariya
Korvane pandave didhi ghani maar Cheto....
185. The Pandaws were Bhim, Arjun, Sohdev, Dharam and Yodhra. They fought
battle with Kawraw and defeated them.
186) Eji Adar kshoan tyan aavti
Te mahain aeone aanch na aavi lagaar
Aeva chodra te maha balvant howa
Teno rikhisaro tame sambaro vichar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 21 of 76
186. Eighteen different ammunitions were used, yet the Pandaws withstood
it for Yodhra was very strong. So Momins, listen to this story.
187) Eji Tene satguru vidur vayas jare maliya
Tare melavio sarve sansaar
Hasnapuri Nagrina te raja hata
Teto satgur vachane meli gaya van mojar Cheto.....
187. When Vishurvias (check) met Satguru, he met Him with all his thoughts
and achieved Heaven for it was
on Satguru's Farman that he discarded his worldly possessions and lived a
life of seclusion in the forest.
188) Eji Mata kunta sati drupati
Yoddha panchei pandav saar
Tene seva kidhi sacha satguru teni
Tare te sate utariya paar Cheto....
188. Mother Kunta and Dropati came to help the five Pandaws. They served
Satguru too and achieved salvation.
189) Eji Tene ogharva karan kariyoon aetloon
Meliya rajpat sarve sansaar
Teone satguru vidurvayase vani kahi
Te opare chaliya pure vahevar Cheto.....
189. To achieve salvation, these Pandaws and Satis gave up their kingdom,
their possessions and followed Vidurvias's Farman implicitly.
190) Eji Tare satgur vidurvayas prasan thaya
Jujesthan upar rakhio ati piyar
Tare nav karor jiv ni maya kari
Je satguru ni sevaay hata nirdhar Cheto.....
190. Vidurvias (check) was happy with them and loved Jujeshtan and granted
salvation to nine Karor.
191) Eji Te seva jani rikhisaro tani
Teto mukhi raja jugesthan saar
Te nav karor jiv amrapuri gaya
Satguru vachne pandav pota viekunt monjar Cheto....
191. That is the type of service you should do, O Momins, for Jujeshtan
did that and achieved salvation for nine
Karor, and because the Pandaws obeyed Farmans, they also achieved Heaven.
192) Eji Aevoo janine chaljo rikhisaro
Aagal chhe dohela paar
Te satguru saheb jugajuge aaviya
Teni vaani thi saho koie otarya paar Cheto....
192. Beware Momins, the path ahead of you is difficult but Satguru has
come in each era to guide you, so listen to His Farman if you want salvation.
193) Eji Anant kalap aage vahi gaya
Bija jug non nahi koie shomar
Te mahain je jiv satgur farmane chaliya
Te jaie pota svarag duar Cheto....
193. Countless eras have passed and I have no words to describe the second
Joog, but those who obeyed
Farmans they have achieved salvation.
194) Eji Tran jug aavi pura thaya
Have aabi te chotha kaljugni vaar
Aage je jiv nahi chetiya
Tene te lidho aa jug mahain avtar Cheto.....
194. The third Joog is completed and now the Kaljoog is present. Those
souls who will not be aware of this will keep coming back in different eras.
195) Eji Aad nirinjan Ali kahiae
Satguru brahma Nabi Mohammad no avtar
Tene farmane je jiv chalshe
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 22 of 76
Te jiv otarshe pele paar Cheto....
195. The present Lord is Ali and Muhammed is His messenger, just as Brahma
was to Niranjan. So obey their Farmans to achieve salvation.
196) Eji Teno parivar gupt chalio
Amare te sathe preet aapar
Ali narvar tare ame pamiya
Jare seva te kidhi aapar Cheto....
196. This was a secret and I love Ali and I have achieved Him after
197) Eji Noor satgur preetan jaher thaya
Te pan pamiya ay ghar minjar
Tene seva kidhi nar Ali teni
Tare aalio satpanth saar Cheto....
197. The first Pir to come to you was Satgur who has also achieved
salvation for he served Ali and Ali game him the right path.
198) Eji Tare satguru noore prabodh kari
Tene aapio dharm sanbar
Ay vira mara bhai tame sambaro
Satguruji kahe chhe pokar Cheto....
198. Satguru has given you teachings about the right path; so Momins,
listen to his teachings, I implore you.
199) Eji Tene bodhi ne khoja kariya
Ane aapio te dharm aachar
Tyan the satpanth chaliyo
Dasond tano vahevar Cheto.....
199. He taught you and made you Khojas. He has given you a religion and
Dasond is its foundation.
200) Eji Pir Satgur Noor tyan thi chaliya
Nabi Mohammed tano parivar
Te noor satguru arsh mahain thi otariya
Teto otariya potan minjar Cheto....
200. Pir Satgur's lineage goes right back to the Prophet. Indeed, he has
descended from the heaven to come to Patan (town).
201) Eji khel ramat tene ati kari
Bodhiya raja preja sar
Rani palonde paraniya
Te to Nabi Mohammed no parivar Cheto.....
201. In Patan he surprised everyone for he converted the king and the
citizens of Patan and married Princess Palandhe and included her in his
202) Eji Noor thi nooraj chaliya
Pir Salahdin teno avtar
Tene Pir shah no jap japaviya
Hajar jomoon te dekhariyo nirdhar Cheto.....
202. The Noor has continued and Pir Saladin (check) was amongst them and he
introduced us to Pir Shah and to Hazar Imam.
203) Eji Te Pir Salahdin par bodhiya
Dan leta te khate aani saar
Satguru ne bayeke je sudha chaliya
Tene thi vadhio dharm aachar Cheto.....
203. Pir Saladin has told us that those who give alms generously achieve
the Truth and those who follow Satgur's Farman know the real religion.
204) Eji Pir Salahdin na Shamsudin upna
Te to chaliya Tabrej mulak minjar
Te je Pir Shamsudine dharm chalaviya
Te rikhisar pasethi lidho aahar Cheto....
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 23 of 76
204. Pir Shams was from Pir Saladin's (check) lineage and was born in
Tabrez (check) and he taught that same religion and dedicated his life.
205) Eji Te Tabrej mulak mahain thi sidhariya
Pir Shams chot var dataar
Teto fariya mulak chovis mahain
Tyan bodhiya murid aapar Cheto....
205. Pir Shams left Tabrez (check) and went to twenty-four different
countries (towns) (check) and converted Momins to the right path.
206) Eji Te farta farta gaya maha chian (china) ma
Tyan bodhiya Surja rani naar
Kamla kunwar teno sut kahiye
Diet kalingo teno bharthar Cheto.....
206. Once after going around different towns, he came to a place called
Mahachin (check) where heconverted Rani Surja and her son Prince Kamla.
Her husband was (unfortunately) Daint Kalingo.
207) Eji Satgur Shamsudin par bodhiya
Ane batavio te dharm aachar
Khati kari te mahain thi aapjo
Ane dasond te gur mukhe aahar Cheto.....
207. Pir Shams showed the above two the right religion and told them to
give their Dasond and follow the Truth.
208) Eji Haq kamaie kari jo aapsho
To pahonchshe satgur mukhe aahar
Ger haqa noon jo gurne aapshe
Teno tam mathe raheshe baar Cheto....
208. Dasond when given from honest earning reaches the Imam. Those who
give it after dishonest means will have a burden on their head.
209) Eji Char pohor din no dhandho kijiay
Te mahainthi khatiaani gur mukhe dije saar
Santosh karine beshiae
Baki ratna pohoraj char Cheto.....
209. Get involved in your work for the twelve hours of the day (Chaar
pahor) and whatever you earn be satisfied
with it and pay Dasond from it. The remaining twelve hours are of the night.
210) Eji Te mahain khat ghari pachli
Teto kahiae bandgini saar
Aetli faraj tame par jo
To otarshe pahele paar Cheto......
210. Of these the best four hours are the last four hours - known as Khat
Ghadi - and these are designated for Bandagi and Momins, if you take that
obligation then you will achieve salvation.
211) Eji Rat divasno hisab gure kari aapio
Te mahain shak ma aansho lagaar
Aa din no dhandho teto dhan thariyo
Rat ni khat ghari kirae bandgi vevar Cheto......
211. The Guru has divided your day for you and do not doubt that Momins.
Just as you conduct a business during the day to gain wealth, you should
conduct spiritual business (prayers) in the night.
212) Eji Jyan jawo tyan karjo aetloon
To pohonche satfur mukhe aahar
Ae mahain ochoon karshe jetloon
Teno tam par raheshe baar Cheto.....
212. Wherever you may be, you should do this and try not to miss this
obligation for if you do, then you will not have completed your mission.
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 24 of 76
1213) Eji Aetli faraj satgure kahi
Ninda juth ma karjo lagaar
Vad viradh koie sathe ma karjo
Namta khamta no rakhjo vevar Cheto......
213. Satgur has instructed us on the following as well: not to backbite,
not to lie,
not be stubborn or quarrelsome, but always be humble and bear the burdens
with a smile.
214) Eji Satgur noon farman mani kari
Dharm lidho te sarve sansaar
Tyan sarisat karor dharmi pura thaya
Teno kamla kunwar ne kidho sardar Cheto....
214. Those who obeyed Satgur's Farmans and followed Satpanth, amongst these
were 750 Karor Momins as well as Prince Kamla, who was their leader.
215) Eji Satgur Shams tyan thi chaliya
Te to aaviya oncha mulak minjar
Tyan satgur ne kene nahi orkhiya
Tyan Bavdin ne mane sarve sansaar Cheto.....
215. Pir Shams left (Mahachin) and went to Uch Mulak where the people did
not recognize Pir Shams and the ruler Bahauddin Zakariya.
216) Eji Lok murid sarve Bavdin tana
Ana satgur ne to otara noon nahi tyan thar
Tyan firta firta gaya aek metmain (masjid ma)
Tyan jai namaz kidhi teni vaar Cheto.....
216. People believed in Bahauddin and were not receptive to Pir Shams. Pir,
after walking around, came to a Masjid and started to recite Namaz.
217) Eji Tyan aek balak aaviyo
Tene te satgur soon rakhiyo piyar
Ratne divas satgur sathe rahe
Te to padshah no putraj saar Cheto.....
217. There came a young child who grew attached to Pir and became Pir's
companion. This young man was none other than the King's son
218) Eji Aek din satgur ji nisriaa
Ane sahel karvane satgur bahar
Te ramta ramta aaviya
Jyan hato te dariyano kinar Cheto.....
218. One day the Guru (Pir Shams) was walking across the town and to the
banks of an ocean.
219) Eji Tyan satgur ne mane aem opnoon
Dithoon dariyanoon niraj saar
Tare kagal kadiyo dustar mahain thi
Teni matmi kidhi che teni vaar Cheto....
219. As there were no boats, he made a paper boat and sailed in it.
220) Eji Te matmi lai pani main meli
Te mahain satgur ji te pote thya aswar
Sehel kidhi te shaher tani
Te mahain betha te ketlik vaar Cheto....
220. He sailed in the paper boat for a long time and the boat took him right
across the city.
221) Eji Tare Bavdin betho mariae
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 25 of 76
Tene gokh thi joyoon teni vaar
Maha samudar mahain dithi mat mi
Ane ditho te kagar no aakar Cheto....
221. Bahauddin was sitting in his balcony and saw Pir sailing in a paper boat.
222) Eji Tare Bavdin ne vimasan opni
Aa matmi ma koon chhe saar
Aa kagar beriae koon sahel kare
Aevo purush na suje mahain sansaar Cheto....
222. Bahauddin got worried for he could not bear to have another "strong"
in his kingdom.
223) Eji Tare beri te lagi binj wa
Satgure nirkhiyo teni vaar
Tare beri te rahi gaie binjta
Satgure te man mahain kidho vichar Cheto....
223. This caused the boat to get wet and Pir looked back at Bahauddin and
the boat stopped getting wet.
224) Eji Koon adharmi aane same
Ane joie mari matmi saar
Ta to mustak oncho kari joyoon
Tato ditho Bavdin gokha ni bahar Cheto..
224. Pir said to himself: Who is this unbeliever whose evil eye has wet my
225) Eji Teno dhar mahain ne mathoon bahar hatoon
Tene pire te didho sraap tenivar
Shingara no sraapaj aapiyo
Te to thaya tenivaar Cheto....
225. Bahauddin's head was propped out from the balcony and Pir wished that
his head would grow antlers and indeed that is what happened.
226) Eji Tenoon mathoon te mahain Nahi gare
Te to rahyoon che gokh thi bahar
Tare te Bavdin dhorjiya
Aa to koie dise che kirtar Cheto...
226. Thus Bahauddin could not pull his head back due to the antlers and he
became very anxious and nervous.
227) Eji Sahel karine jyare otariya
Tare matmi meli saher thi bahar
Tyanthi satguru chaliya
Te to aaviya te nagar minjar Cheto...
227. When Pir had completed his sailing and come back to the dry land, he
to the town centre.
228) Eji Tare Bavdin ne vimasan opani
Jenoon mathoon raheyoon gokhathi bahar
Tene te pucha kidhi shaher main
Koie purush aaviyo aapana sheher monjar Cheto.....
228. Bahauddin, whose head was still stuck out, asked everybody who was
this man who had just come to the town centre.
229) Eji Tare khoji khojine kadiyo
Aavi puchiyoon metne bahar
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 26 of 76
Iyan koie musafir otariyo
Tenoon dash koie diae yaar Cheto....
229. Everybody started asking: Where is that stranger and what is his address?
230) Eji Tare ae met mahain thi aaviyo chokaro
Teno pirsoon ati pyar
Tene aavine aem kahyoon
Aek purush betho maet monjar Cheto.....
230. The young man who was attached to Pir told Bahauddin's men who Pir was.
231) Eji Tare te manas mahain aaviyo
Tene aavine kidha pirna didar
Tare salam karine ohbo raheyo
Jyare ditho te saheb sar jan haar Cheto....
231. Bahauddin's man came down to the shore and greeted Pir.
232) Eji Kari salam teto pocho variyo
Gayo Bavdin tene dwar
Te jetli dithi tetli jaie kahi
Purush aek aaviyo te betho maet monjar Cheto....
232. He returned to Bahauddin and reported that indeed this man had travelled
in a paper boat.
233) Eji Tare Bavdin purtane teraviyo
Sambaro kahoon vaatno vichar
Aevo haval amaro thayo
Dhar mahain ne mathoon che bahar Cheto....
233. Bahauddin (who was still stuck in the window) told his sons what his
234) Eji Purush aek aaviyo sheher ma
Teno otaro che te maet monjar
Ardas karo te jaie aag ale
Amari taksirno nahi koie paar Cheto....
234. And he also requested his sons to go down to this man who had travelled
in the paper boat to make him normal again.
235) Eji Shekh Sadar te puchiyoon
Pita Bavdin ne vari vichar
Tam mathe shingara kem thaya
Teno bhed kaho nirdhar Cheto....
235. His sons, Sheik and Sadur asked their father what had caused him to have
236) Eji Tare Bavdin mukh mahain thi boliya
Sambaro kahoon choon ay vaat no vichaar
Ae purush matmiay besi kari
Karta dariyani sahelaj saar Cheto....
236. Bahauddin replied: I was watching this man sail in a paper boat.
237) Eji Te matmi Banavi kagar tani
Te mahain pani na pese lagaar
Te samoon ame joyoon
Taere bhini thaie hashe saar Cheto....
237. The boat, despite being of paper, did not get wet. However, my staring
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 27 of 76
at him could have caused it to get wet.
238) Eji Tare purush na man mahain ae opni
Tene thi aere thayo israr
Mathoon te meri mahain nahin gare
Te to rahiyoon che gokhthi bohar Cheto....
238. This might have angered the man and he might have cursed me to be in
239) Eji Hawe te jaao purush kane
Jaie sambaro sarve vaatnoon vichar
Aeni dua ae fajal thayshe
Ane mathoon aavshe gokha monjar Cheto....
239. So go to that man and request him to take away his curse and pray for me.
240) Eji Shekh Sadar tare chaliya
Te hato Bavdin no parivar
Tene aek manas bero lidho
Teto aaviya maet monjar Cheto.....
240. Thus Sheik and Sadur went down to the town with a man to where the
paper boat was.
241) Eji Tare satguruji same betha hata
Teno shekh Sadar te ditho didar
Tare salam kidhi satguru jine
Nami hath bandhine kidhi pokar Cheto...
241. They saw the Pir seated at the bank of the river. They folded their
and humbled themselves in front of Pir.
242) Eji Tara Sri satgure aem puchiya
Shoon kam che tenoon kahone vichar
Aa kyan thi tame aaviya
Koon tat tamaro saar Cheto....
242. Pir asked them what they wanted and who their father was.
243) Eji Tare shekh sadar aem boliya
Ame rahiae ae nagar monjar
Taat amaro che Bavdin
Ame be bhai tena parivar Cheto....
243. Sheik and Sadur replied: We stay in this town and our father is
and we are two brothers.
244) Eji Tare satgrurji boliya
Pir Shams var dataar
Aa shoon tame be bhai onoon nam che
Ane koon tamaroon che parivar Cheto....
244. Pir Shams asked them their names.
245) Eji Tare shekh sadar aem boliya
Tame sambaro sardar
Shekh sadar amne kahe che
Bijo rukan amthi nanero saar Cheto.....
245. Sheik and Sadur replied: We are called Sheik Sadu, O Lord, and my
brother is Rukan.
246) Eji Have tam kirpaae ame chootiay
Bavdin noon mustak rahiyoon che gokhathi bahar
Teni upare tame kirpa karo
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 28 of 76
Tamo cho gunah na bakshan haar
246. Forgive our father, whose head is stuck in the window; please forgive
247) Eji Tare satgure sahi kari puchiya
Amne te vaatnoon kahone vichaar
Aa keni rite tara taatnoon
Mustak rahiyo che gokhthi bahar
247. Pir asked them again to describe how their father's head was stuck in
window and what had caused it.
248) Eji Tare araj karine shekh sadar boliya
Saheb tame sahel gaya dariyane paar
Tare Bavdin betha hato gokh main
Teni najar pari gai tenivaar
248. Sheik and Sadur replied: Whilst you were sailing in your paper boat my
father was watching you from the window and this caused your boat to have
249) Eji Tare gare te mahain garaae nahin
Ane mathoon rahiyoon gokhathi bahar
Teni araj ame laviya
Tame meher karone dataar
249. Our father's head grew antlers and we have come to request you to get
250) Eji Tare satguru Shams boliya
Amne hati, te Rish aapar
Matmi mari mahain pani aaniyoon
Tare bein shingara kidha tatkar
250. Pir Shams replied: I was angry at your father for he caused my boat to
get wet and to punish him, I have him the antlers.
251) Eji Have shekh sadar tame aaviya,
Tare have mustak aavshe gokha minjar,
Shingara che te samaie jashe,
Pan matshe nahin te bavabavno aakar Cheto......
251. Now that you have come, Sheik and Sadur, the antlers will disappear and
he will be able to withdraw his head from the window, but signs of the
from his forehead will remain for generations and generations.
252) Eji Tamari aalnoon je hashe,
Tene matha mahain hashe shingarano aakar,
Aetli aendhani che am tani,
Hashe te bavdin tano parivar Cheto......
252. All the people in your lineage will have the marks on their foreheads
as a distinguishing feature that they belong to Bahauddin's family.
253) Eji Salam karine shekh sadar chaliya,
Teto aaviya potane dwar,
Tare Bavdin meri mahain thi otarya,
Tene puchiyo te sarve vichar Cheto......
253. Sheik and Sadur saluted the Pir and returned home to find Bahauddin
able to withdraw his head from thewindow and Bahauddin asked Sheik and
254) Eji Tare Bavdin ne chinta op ni,
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 29 of 76
Tene senso te aaviyo aapar,
Aeno ne amaroon kem chalshe,
Sheher te ooncha minjar Cheto......
254. Bahauddin grew apprehensive and felt that Pir would jeopardize his
in the city.
255) Eji Shekh sadar ne tene kahiyoon,
Man main te kari vichar,
Aene aapane kem chalshe,
Aa mulak te oonch minjar Cheto......
254. Bahauddin grew apprehensive and felt that Pir would jeopardize his
in the city.
256) Eji Aa vat ko bari aapoon khir no,
Teto jaie aapo siyedne saar,
Teto vatko die pacha aavjo,
Kaien vaat ma karjo lagaar Cheto......
256. So take this glass full of milk to the Pir and let him drink it.
257) Eji Dudhno vatko te barabar bariyo,
Te mahain khali te nahire lagaar,
Sheka sadare opariyo,
Te aani aaliyo satguru jine saar Cheto......
257. Bahauddin filled the glass with milk, put poison in it, and Sheik and
took it to the Pir.
258) Eji Teto aani obho araj kari,
Satguru samoon te teniaj vaar,
Amare pitaae tamne muki jo,
Tame lijo te saheb dataar Cheto......
258. Sheik and Sadur came to the Pir and requested him to accept the milk
was sent by their father.
259) Eji Tare satgure samoon joie kari,
Obho rakhiyo tene aj thar,
Arsh main hath oncho kari,
Phool man gaviya teniaj vaar Cheto......
259. Pir looked at the milk and raised his hand to the sky and plucked a
from the air.
260) Eji Te laie nakhiyoon dudhma,
Mukh thi kahiyo aehre vichar,
Jaie dejo tara baap ne,
Kejo senso ma karjo lagaar Cheto......
260. He put the flower in the milk and told Sheik and Sadur to take it back
261) Eji Biji vaare hath oncho kariyo,
Te mahain khak aani te saar,
Tena tran bhag satgure kariya,
So sone name kari didho teni vaar Cheto......
261. Pir raised his hand again and this time he had sand in his hand. He
gave it to
Sadur and told him to divide it into three portions.
262) Eji Shekh sadar tyanthi chaliya,
Satgur ne hajor thi bahar,
Dudh khak tyanthi lai chaliya,
Teto jaie aapi pita Bavdin ne saas Cheto......
MOMIN CHETAMANI by SYED IMAM SHAH Page 30 of 76
262. Sheik and Sadur took these (milk and sand) to their father.
263) Eji Te Bavdine laie bhony dhariya,
Dudh phool khak tenire vaar,
Tare te shekh sadare puchiyoon,
Amne mitaji kaho ne vichar Cheto......
263. They presented all the three elements: milk, flower and sand to their
and asked for an explanation.
264) Eji Kevi rite tame dudh meliyoon,
Syed ne re dwar,
Te mathe lai ne phool dhariya,
Mukhsoon kahiyoon ke senso ma karjo lagaar Cheto......
264. "What was your intention for sending him the milk and why did he put a
in the milk you sent him?"
265) Eji Tare te Bavdin boliya,
Ae mahain tame samjiya nahi lagaar,
Ame aene aem kahi mukiyoon,
Onch mahain oliya che bohot aapar Cheto......
265. Bahauddin replied: Though you did not understand, my son, it was my way
of telling that there are too many high people in this city (i.e. no room
266) Eji Tare aene aem kahi mukyoon,
Dudh mathe phoolnoon kahen baar,
Aevi rite ame ahin raheshoon,
Teno senso ma dharjo lagaar Cheto......
266. Pir's reply by placing a flower was that, "I'll stay without
anybody, just as this flower floats in milk."
267) Eji Shekh sadar vari puchiyoon,
Aa khak no te sho vichar,
teni vaat te bahar mahi kari,
Bavdin na man mahain te opne kahar Cheto......
267. Sheik and Sadur asked for explanation of the sand that was sent.
did not reply, but he became very restless.
268) Eji So sone thanke besh rahya,
Bavdin ne senso nahi mate lagaar,
Teto antre ade khaie aane ghani
Teto aapana mazahab noon israr
268. Every person finds his level and Bahauddin is no exception. He was a
jealous individual and began working against our religion.
269) Eji Teto tran yarne mane nahi
Teto Ali nabi noon parivar
Te dinthi cheta pariya
Je din Ali nabijini var
269. Bahauddin did not believe in Ali or Nabi.
270) Eji Te mahain andha na jane aetloon
Je panjtan sarikha kem thashe tran yaar
Jene kudrat mahain thi kitab otariya
Bijoon aaviya duldul ne zulfiqar
270. It's like a blind man who cannot see that Panjtan Pak is the cause of