Update on the Community Initiatives Fund Grant - ToothFairy
Saskatchewan Oral Health Coalition
and Canada’s Tooth Fairy
Our Vision is to create a world where no
Child suffers from preventable tooth decay
Collaborative ~ Diverse ~ Leaders ~ Proactive ~ Respectful
• The kit enables all children
to grasp the concept of how
cavities are caused
• ESL students found the
concepts easy to follow
• 25 Additional Schools were chosen for the CIF Dental Project based
on their high risk, as identified by the Saskatoon Health Region -
Oral Health Program (SHR-OHP)
• As well, 18 schools were revisited from 2016 and retrained to
participate in the program a 2nd year.
• 31 schools were visited between February and May
• 136 students in the 6th,and 7th grade were trained to use the
• Presentations were given to Kindergarten through Grade 4 classes
Students distributed 3100 toothbrushes
during their presentations
Compliments of the
Region – Oral Health
The students were excited,
enthusiastic, and very eager to learn.
The children had fun preparing
to do the presentations
Sharing their knowledge
with the magnetic tooth!
The schools were excited to offer their students
this learning opportunity
Kits will remain
in the school
Feedback was collected in the
form of written comments and
testimonials as well as photos
of the students doing the
Toothfairy101 Educational Kit
was an exciting project
A report has been submitted to the Community Initiatives Grant
fulfilling the grant expectations.
We hope to receive another grant from CIF next year!
• The Tooth Fairy Dental Project was funded by a Dakota Dunes
Grant in the Spring of 2016.
• CIF funded the Spring of 2017 Grant
• A second grant was successful from Dakota Dunes
for the Fall of 2017
• Total number of participating schools… 63