CRM STRATEGIES & TOOLS
Vodafone and Airtel
Company overview- Airtel
• Airtel was establishes in 1985, Bharti Airtel has been a
pioneering force in the Telecom sector.
• Airtel comes from Bharti Airtel limited, India’s largest
integrated and the first telecom service provider with a
footprint in all the 23 telecom circles.
• The businesses at Bharti Airtel have been structured
into four individual strategic units – Mobile service,
Airtel Telemedia services, enterprise services & digital
CRM BUSINESS STRATEGY
Airtel CRM represents a business strategy that involves
focusing knowledge, business processes and
organizational structure around customer.
This business strategy is an information technology
infrastructure consist of data warehouses, decision
engines and integrated.
Why CRM in Airtel
In a telecom services company like Bharti, Airtel is
considered a product. “It is vital for the company to
manage the expectations of their customers and
provide them with innovative products and services
in a manner which makes them loyal,”.
To achieve this, Bharti needed to have the
appropriate means. “To better serve their customers
they needed a tool. It is this need that made them to
opt for a CRM (customer relationship management)
CRM USED IN AIRTEL
• Currently Airtel is using I-CRM platform. “As part
of their vision, they intend to provide Airtel services
anywhere and at any time. I-CRM allows a company
to define the value of a process, and improve it.
• Before choosing its CRM tool, Bharti evaluated
many options. It considered factors like:
1) Proper workflow automation
2) Facilitation of knowledge sharing
3) Integration with the billing system.
CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM
What Is Airtel Loyalty Program?
It is a reward program from Airtel aimed at recognizing
and appreciating all Airtel Ghana customers for every
amount spent on the consumption of any Airtel product or
• Vodafone Group plc is a
British multinational telecommunications company
headquartered in London and with its registered
office in Newbury, Berkshire.
• It is the world's 2nd-largest mobile
telecommunications company measured by both
subscribers and 2013 revenues (behind China
Mobile), and had 434 million subscribers as of 31
• It has approximately 185 million customers.
CRM of Vodafone
• Solutions that work the way you do for guaranteed
• Improvement in reporting, complete call information
and client satisfaction.
• Speeding up of the handling of requests, question and
complaints at a various departments.
• It would improve customer service handling and build
the cross-selling of products and services, helping the
operator reduce customer churn and increase ARPU.
Building Vodafone’s CRM
• Vodafone ads play a great role in building up CRM.
The ads in which the pug, two friends, Zoozoo’s,
etc have made a mark on the customers.
• The Vodafone outlets help their customers in
dealing with the problems by attending to every
customer and by providing them with info or
Conclusion & Suggestions
• They must hire salesperson with good skills and they
should be trained properly.
• Vodafone should no call the customers for irrelevant
offers and just should just give a notification about bill
payment instead of calling and asking all the details.
• Taking feedback not only from external customers but
also the internal customers i.e., the employees.
• Proper training to the customer care executive in terms
of providing proper information.
• Upgrading internet services and also reducing its cost.
• Keep regular track of data for further leads.