Star TV

5,234 views

Published on

2 Comments
3 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total views
5,234
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
6
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
2
Likes
3
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Star TV

  1. 1. Case Study On Star TV
  2. 2. Prepared by P.SARAVANAN B.Tech.,MBA www.twitter.com/saravananrulez
  3. 3. <ul><li>Satellite Television Asia Region </li></ul><ul><li>Industry : Entertainment </li></ul><ul><li>Founded on : 1 August 1990 </li></ul><ul><li>Founder : Richard Li </li></ul><ul><li>Key people : Paul Aiello(CEO),Richard Li(Founder) </li></ul><ul><li>Products : Television channels, Film </li></ul><ul><li>Owners(s) : News Corporation </li></ul><ul><li>Website : WWW.STARTV.COM </li></ul>
  4. 4. <ul><li>Asian TV service owned by Rupert Murdoch 's News Corporation . It is headquartered in Hong Kong , with regional offices in India , mainland China , Taiwan , Singapore , as well as in other south Asian countries. </li></ul><ul><li>300 million viewers in 53 countries and is watched by approximately 120 million viewers every day. </li></ul>
  5. 5. <ul><li>History </li></ul><ul><li>was launched in 1 August 1990 as part of Hutchison Whampoa group </li></ul><ul><li>In 1993 Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation purchased 63.6% of STAR for over $500 million, followed by the purchase of the remaining 36.4% in 1 January 1993 </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Broadcasting Corporation revealed a restructure to its Asian broadcast businesses into three units - Star India, Star Greater China and Fox International Channels (FIC). </li></ul>
  6. 6. <ul><li>Channels provided: </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Chinese Channel . </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Movies </li></ul><ul><li>STAR World . </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Plus </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Utsav </li></ul><ul><li>STAR One </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Gold </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Vijay </li></ul><ul><li>STAR News </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Ananda </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Majha . </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Jalsha </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Pravah </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Sports </li></ul><ul><li>STAR Cricket </li></ul><ul><li>ESPN STAR </li></ul>
  7. 7. <ul><li>Phoenix Chinese Channel </li></ul><ul><li>Phoenix Infonews </li></ul><ul><li>Phoenix Movies Channel . </li></ul><ul><li>Xing Kong . </li></ul><ul><li>Channel [V] . </li></ul><ul><li>Asianet </li></ul><ul><li>Asianet Plus - </li></ul><ul><li>Asianet Sitara </li></ul><ul><li>ESPNews Asia . </li></ul><ul><li>National Geographic Channel </li></ul><ul><li>Nat Geo Adventure </li></ul><ul><li>Nat Geo Wild </li></ul><ul><li>National Geographic Channel HD - </li></ul><ul><li>Fox Crime – </li></ul><ul><li>Fox History & Entertainment </li></ul><ul><li>FX </li></ul>
  8. 8. <ul><li>Categories: </li></ul><ul><li>Movies </li></ul><ul><li>Entertainment </li></ul><ul><li>News </li></ul><ul><li>Documentary </li></ul><ul><li>Music </li></ul><ul><li>Sports </li></ul>
  9. 9. <ul><li>Movies </li></ul><ul><li>English </li></ul><ul><li>hindi </li></ul>
  10. 10. <ul><li>Entertainment </li></ul><ul><li>Star World </li></ul><ul><li>Star plus </li></ul><ul><li>Star utsav </li></ul>
  11. 11. <ul><li>Star One </li></ul><ul><li>Star Vijay </li></ul><ul><li>Star Jalsha </li></ul>
  12. 12. <ul><li>Star Chinese </li></ul><ul><li>Asianet </li></ul>
  13. 13. <ul><li>News </li></ul><ul><li>Star News </li></ul><ul><li>Star Ananada </li></ul><ul><li>Star Majha </li></ul>
  14. 14. <ul><li>Music </li></ul><ul><li>Channel[V] </li></ul><ul><li>&quot;You're In It&quot; - 1995 to 2000 </li></ul><ul><li>&quot;Music and So Much More&quot; - 2000 to 2008 </li></ul><ul><li>&quot;[V] Plays Music&quot; - Now </li></ul>
  15. 15. <ul><li>Sports </li></ul><ul><li>Star Sports </li></ul><ul><li>Star Cricket </li></ul><ul><li>ESPN STAR Sports </li></ul>
  16. 16. <ul><li>Documentary </li></ul><ul><li>National Geographic channel </li></ul><ul><li>Nat Geo Adventure </li></ul>
  17. 17. <ul><li>Education ? </li></ul>
  18. 18. <ul><li>Education Channel </li></ul><ul><li>Broadcast educational programmes </li></ul><ul><li>Exam-centric and prepare students for various competitive tests. </li></ul><ul><li>Documentary content </li></ul><ul><li>&quot;Live and learn&quot; </li></ul>
  19. 19. <ul><li>Interactive education </li></ul><ul><li>Science,History </li></ul><ul><li>Space, tech </li></ul><ul><li>Schools,junior colleges, degree colleges, polytechnics, engineering colleges, medical colleges, MPDOs, and police training colleges. </li></ul>
  20. 20. <ul><li>Star Education </li></ul>
  21. 22. <ul><li>Queries??? </li></ul>

×