Sociological Questions By Sarah Iori Sociology 100 02 Professor Ana Mallen February 18, 2008
1. Does a persons view of war change when they have a sibling in the military? 2. Does war affect a couples choice to get married and have children?
1. Does a person’s social class and ethnicity affect the type of treatment they receive for AIDS? 2. Would sex education in Africa help the AIDS epidemic?
1. Do fairy tales influence pre-adolescent girls’ self image? 2. How do looks (i.e. thin, fat, etc.) of middle aged single women affect the way they are approached by men?
1. With the recent rise of mass school shootings what role has society played in the lives of men causing them, the majority of the time, to be the perpetrator? 2. Are mass school shootings a U.S. phenomenon or global?
1. Would birth control being offered in schools reduce the number of teen pregnancy’s? 2. How would state mandated birth control affect abuse of the welfare system by women with multiple children ?
1. Would teaching etiquette classes to children in poverty help them move into the middle or upper class as adults? 2. Would today’s generation of American children benefit by adopting Japanese etiquette standards?
1. Would more readily available and affordable health services to the mentally ill help decrease the homeless population? 2. Does job outsourcing directly affect the number of homeless?
1. Does the quote “happily ever after” affect the way college aged women approach relationships with men? 2. Are the divorce rates higher in America than in countries with arranged marriages?
1. Do more men own guns than women? 2. Are the majority of gang members raised by single mothers?
1. If a child grows up in a household with a parent who is an alcoholic, will he or she be more likely to abuse alcohol? 2. Does a younger legal drinking age increase alcoholism?