We are pleased to deliver the 2013 IT Market Trends and Predictions from industry and financial analysts. The attached market trends are summarized by SAP’s five market categories with an additional focus on social, business networks, and emerging markets.
Key highlights for 2013 include:
- IT and SW growth is accelerating despite worldwide GDP growth falling in 2013 (IT growth: 3-6%; SW growth: 6.4-6.9%; GDP growth: 2.6-2.9%)
- Mobile, Social, Actionable Analytics, Big Data, and Cloud lead the analysts’ top five predictions in the 2013 Market Trends. Thus correlating with SAP’s areas of innovation.
- Applications will begin to feature integration with a focus on strong user experiences and will designed for industries, with the highest spending in healthcare, utilities, oil and gas, and mining
- Analytics adoption will be driven by usability, relevance, and speed as “Big Data” meets social
- Mobility will move beyond BYOD in the enterprise into areas like M2M and mobile collaboration
- As the Cloud market expands, integration, platform, and services will be pivotal
- Database & Technology will see “Big Data” evolve into mainstream
- Social technologies will proliferate in the enterprise, while networked supply chains become a critical part of B2B collaboration, and emerging markets continue to be a growth engine focusing on key industries and leveraging key innovations such as mobility
Check out this SAP SlideShare presentation to learn more about the data supporting these predictions and the impact on the IT market through 2013.