SMART VISITOR GUIDANCE ROBOT WITH EMBEDDED TOUCHSCREEN
PANEL FEATURING ONSCREEN SIGNATURE VERIFICATION, CAMPUS
MAP RENDERING AND MULTI-LINGUAL VOICE
Mr. E.TAMILARASAN M.E.
NARESH CHANDER LAL
SANJIB KUMAR DEORI
Designing and implementing a system for educational
institutions, public banks and conference halls which
can intelligently guide visitors to their destinations.
INTRODUCTION TO EMBEDDED SYSTEM
It is a combination of hardware and software to performs a specific
• Is a system built to perform its duty, completely or partially independent of
• Is specially designed to perform a few tasks in the most efficient way.
• Interacts with physical elements in our environment, viz. controlling
driving a motor, sensing temperature, etc.
e.g. MP3 players, navigation systems on aircraft, intruder alarm systems.
embedded system can also be defined as a single purpose
THE EXISTING SYSTEM
Here we have the human receptionists or guide but
• Humans need to be trained, might look dull and must be provided
behaviors are unpredictable and they can go wrong in
guiding a visitor with their punctuality and politeness.
• Our project, micro receptionist is an automated
robotic reception system that takes the role of a
receptionist and guides the incoming visitors by
queuing them to their respective destinations/officials
by showing route maps with the help of touchscreen
color panel and multilingual voice generation.
• It is also capable of recording the employee signature
and does real time signature verification to maintain a
digital attendance book.
This smart robot will be able to do the following receptionist chores on its
• Scans the space using sensors and greets with a welcome message.
• Separate the visitors into regular employee or a general visitor.
• Prompts the user to enter his signature/name and the purpose.
• Assigns a visitor ID number, details and stores in memory.
• asks the user to touch their choice(Place/Person)
• Shows route map of destination spot for visitors.
And for Employees
• Master unit Communicates with slave unit.
• The official acknowledge with (call or hold) of the request.
1. 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3
Eclipse based LPCXpresso IDE
2. 65K color Touchscreen TFT Display
3. 2GB MicroSDPeripheral Device Drivers
3. Cortex-M3 Memory Card
4. MP3 Audio Codec
CMSIS from ARM
5. IEEE 802.15.4 standard wireless
No need to pay salary since this is a one-time investment for buyers.
Robotic receptionist will be always polite, punctual, more pleasant and careful
with the customers and visitors.
Young girls are often trained only to greet and guide the customer in shops. The
reception robot can replace them.
An aging population means, labor is going to be in severe shortage. This will
create a strong demand for these automated robotic receptionists.
The technology could be easily integrated into receptions of college, university,
commercial buildings, libraries, medical hospitals, department stores, jewel
shops, clothing stores etc.
IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICS:
SYSTEMS, VOL. 43, NO. 4, JULY 2013
(DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING A HUMAN–ROBOT TEAM FOR SOCIAL INTERACTIONS)