Learn how to reward and recognize your brand advocates and keep them motivated. Explore 10 different ways to keep your brand advocates enthused. Join the brand advocacy community on LinkedIn - http://bit.ly/BrandAdvocacyCommunity
RECOGNITIONFIVE IDEAS TO RECOGNIZE YOUR BRAND ADVOCATES
1. Promote Them Feature interviews with brand advocates on your website and in your offline media Feature brand advocates in your newsletter Talk about your brand advocates on your social channels
2. Give them something to display Give them a plaque or Certificate Give them a Badge to display on their website and blogs
3. Preferred treatment Shower them with love For e.g. at your conferences/events, make sure you provide them Discounted offerings Separate seating for them right up front, Maybe a separate dedicated Wi-Fi connection A special lounge.
4. Enable Engagement with them On your website and social networks Introduce a brand advocate of the month Let them play the lead role for a day: via their blog post or virtual presentation Online Skype Q&A Focus on helping them make new connections
5. Speaker/Contributor Bureau Setup a speaker registry of your top brand advocates
REWARDSFIVE IDEAS TO REWARD YOUR BRAND ADVOCATES
6. Publications and Books Establish tie-ups with publishers and authors who can provide discounted offerings or free books for your advocates to review. Almost all publishers have a review program Publish the reviews on your and the brand advocates social networks
7. Shareable Giveaways Let your brand advocates give away your next product, eBook or whitepaper to others in their communities or via their blogs etc. Other giveaways could be complimentary coupons for training by partners, which they can further giveaway to others, thereby helping promote themselves and the partners.
8. Custom T-shirts / Letterheads /Envelopes T-shirts/Jackets – which prominently state their expertise or contributions. These need to be cool, just slapping your logo on to a t-shirt is useless. Something as simple as providing printed envelopes or business cards with their name. This is uber cool if executed well.
9. Share, contribute or co-authorcontent Invite them to share, contribute or co-author content with you Feature their articles on your blog/community sites. Try and get content syndicated even in regular print channels if possible. Include links to their samples, and presentations within your articles, documentation and product
10. Invite them to the inner circle Provide them access to Top Executives Product teams Special events And include them in your product planning process
What not to do? Cash Rewards Hiding the rules of engagement
Bonus Idea - Segmentation Encourage and recognize different skills, expertise and contributions. Could be in terms of recognizing different kinds of people Some contribute articles, some provide their time guiding and supporting others, some are great at reviewing content etc. Segmentation of brand advocates can also be based on the products they specialize in. The kind of activities people do. E.g. people who blog, podcast, webcast, speak at events, contribute on forums, or their presence in traditional media.
Want more ideas, strategies and answers?Join the brand advocacy community on LinkedIn http://bit.ly/BrandAdvocacyCommunity
Did you find the presentation useful? Please Tweet http://bit.ly/BrandAdvocate-Reward-Recognition