Way for Purple - Epilepsy Public Awareness campaign
Sanvedana Foundation, a registered NGO was started in Feb, 2004 with a motto
'For people with epilepsy by the people with epilepsy’
• Counseling center - to provide psychological guidance for people with epilepsy.
• Lecture & Meetings - By experts for epilepsy related subjects, like ‘Yoga and Epilepsy’,
‘Diet and Epilepsy’, ‘Parenting’, ‘Hobbies’
• Medicine Project - providing financial support to people and family with epilepsy as
medicines are expensive.
• Matrimonial Website - www.vivah.aarogya.com. Developed online registration portal
for finding partners for people with epilepsy. A matrimonial service for people suffering
from Epilepsy, Cancer, HIV, Disability.
Charitable Trust / Registered No:
E 4315 Pune / PAN No: AAFTS2182N / Permanent
Group Outing Seminar Discussion
Epilepsy Awareness Week was observed from 17th to 23rd November.
• Why Purple – Lavender internationally represents Epilepsy. The flower is often
associated with solitude. Solitude, a word which represents the feeling of isolation, is a
problem faced by people with Epilepsy.
• Purple Walk -
• Aim of spreading awareness on ground level.
• Sharing of right messages and eradicating myths help of banners and slogans.
• These walks were carried out at two locations, M.G. Road &
F.C. – J. M. Road on 16th and 17th of November respectively.
Way for Purple
Educate. Encourage. Empower
In Association with
Indian Epilepsy Association
• Purple Play was acted out by a group of youngsters from
• This play was carried out four times at different
locations along with the walk.
• This helped to grab people’s attention on road, increase
their curiosity and educate them about epilepsy.
• The main objective was to impart a sense of
responsibility and wisdom towards a society which is
inclusive of people with epilepsy.
• Purple Talk
• A seminar was conducted through which doctors,
psychologists and experienced individuals addressed
the concerns of people with epilepsy and their
families. Following topics were discussed -
• Information regarding
• Purple Play
Tasks UndertakenAdministration -
• Planning the campaign and allocating budgets
• Task Delegation
• Contacting potential sponsors, media & doctors
• Approached Local Celebrities for Inauguration
• Acquiring Police permissions
• Called prior fund donors
• Posting pamphlets in doctor's clinic
• Sending invitation mail to doctors
• Finalising venue hall and booking
• Organising press conference
• Collecting Banners, cheque, T-Shirts and Caps
• Logo designing, slogan creation & poster designing for fb community page.
• Facebook page creation, maintenance & pulling crowd for page liking
• Outdoor ad creation - auto rickshaw
• Website creation and content writing
• T-shirt and cap designing
• Teaser Ad creation
• Article writing for newspaper
• Script writing and awareness documentary making
• Interviewing doctors and persons with epilepsy
• Photography of events