The unique island of Puerto Rico is home to diversified climates and distinct terrains. Lush jungles and rivers meet mountains, dry forests and miles of beautiful coastline, making this the perfect destination for nature enthusiasts. From caving to zip-lining, this small island has enough adventure for everyone.
Key facts about Puerto Rico:
1) In Puerto Rico, Spanish and English are the official languages; most Puerto Ricans speak English.
2) Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth and the U.S. dollar is the official currency; U.S. citizens don’t need a passport or a currency converter!
3) El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service, a place so indescribable that it must be seen, heard and felt. It’s one of our must-visit destinations.
4) More than 70% of the rum sold in the U.S. comes from Puerto Rico; sample our favorite local brands and enjoy a tour of our rum distilleries.
5) Puerto Rico houses the world's largest single-dish radio telescope, spanning almost 20 acres. It’s the only radio telescope that can accurately predict when and where an asteroid might collide with Earth, and was responsible for the first asteroid images in history.
6) Toro Verde features one of the longest Zip Lines on Earth: La Bestia. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain.
7) Bioluminescence exists around the world, but there are only a few biobays on our planet. Puerto Rico has three of them, a kayak or boat-ride away from our shores, they must be seen to be appreciated.
Sign up for a Weekly Resort Deals Newsletter http://luxuryvacationslowprices.com