• Fritolay, ITC, Parle (chips)
• Fritolays-Lehar, Bikaner (Mixtures)
• HUL- Kissan, Gopal Ji, Hamdard, Fun Foods,
Mapro, Kraftfoods- Hershey’s (Flavoured
• Traditional food outlets & sweet shops on
• S&A Foods (Sweets)
• MNC’s with high and diversified
• Competitor’s Wide SKU’s and product line.
• Competition has Wide and penetrated
– Mainly exports.
– Food chain in metro 2tier and 3tier cities.
– SKU’s present in all major TT’s and MT’S
• Demographic --
– Young Boomers
– Old boomers
NOTE: Looked upon as a provider to the affluent segment .
• Increase category demand.
• Awareness through presence
• Repeat purchase.
Opportunity For Communication
Strategies & Tactics
• New segment
– Demographics (people in late 50’s to 70’s) with
products such as Sugar free Sweets and Low
– 2 and 3 tier cities with Ice-cream carts invading
– Entering new geographies which are highest in
terms of convenient food consumption.
• New product line
– Sugar free ice-creams and sweets.
– Products according to local needs of the
• New B2B markets
– Institutions – hotels, pick n moves, offices,
– Airline catering.
Opportunity for Communication
• Lacks in multi-media advertisements.
• Pulsating communication needed.
• Huge potential for communicating through
• Should enter through its smaller food chain
outlets in sub-urbs as well.
• Need to work on extensive visual
merchandising(they are present but not