• “We fulfil dreams inspired by the many roads of the
world by providing extraordinary motorcycles and
customer experiences. We fuel the passion for freedom
in our customers to express their own individuality.”
• We ride with our customers and apply this deep
connection in every market we serve to create superior
value for all of our stakeholders.”
Company exclusively focused on heavy weight motorcycle
Distinctive design and well known for heavy customization.
Best style and quality.
Not just a product but symbols of American Free-spiritedness.
Brand focused on becoming a "lifestyle brand” or “a cult brand”.
A strong bond between Customers and Product.
Had made it beyond competition.
Majorly the target group is people age between 35 and above.
First to launch “The ladies of Harley” for women.
Wow Biking experience
Reliant on few
Lengthy lead time
Loss in domestic
market share in
market is now
larger than the U.
younger riders are
• 2008 Global recession sales fell by 29.9%.
• Tough competition from Japanese side.
• Losing aging customers i.e Baby Boomers
• Revenue fell by 17.1% i.e US$ 3.57 billon
Delivering Results Through Focus
• For Productivity and Profitability.
• Plan for sustained long-term growth.
Basic pillars of this strategy
“To increase sales to its core customers and expand
• Harley-Davidson can bring in
their vehicle to Asian countries
(India, China), because these
countries have a high
population and the market
potential is also high.
• The cost to bring in the old
vehicles (old product) to India
is so much difficult:
- There are so much
-Taxes are problems
-Levis are high in India
• So starting new plant in
India can solve this problem.
Negotiations with the
Government can solve these
• Younger generation and
female are now coming to
this segment so expand the
motor cycle segments to
younger generation and
• In Europe they can
increase or expand the
Buell’s market share by
• Harley- Davidson have to change American culture and helped the future of
• Must implement latest technology & facilities.
• Loyal customers are not sufficient for company to survive.
• “it’’s a journey but not a destination”
Expand into Foreign Markets
• Expand Motorcycle line for younger market
• Buell expansion
Made new alliances with some local bike
companies to produce low cost
Increasıng dıversity programing