Emotional intelligence - For MBA's Disaster Management
• What is Emotional Intelligence?
• Emotional Intelligence with respect to roles(characters)
• Emotional Intelligence Relates
• Two Aspects Of Emotional Intelligence
• Five Domains Of Emotional Intelligence
• Emotional Intelligence With Respect To Children And Adults
• Tips To Develop Emotional Intelligence
• Advantages Of Emotional Intelligence
• Disadvantages Of Emotional Intelligence
WHAT IS EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE?
• Emotional intelligence (EI) refers to the
ability to perceive, control and evaluate
• Understanding yourself, your goals,
intentions, responses, behaviour
• Understanding others, and their
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE - THE FIVE
• Knowing your emotions.
• Managing your own emotions.
• Motivating yourself.
• Recognising and understanding other people's
• Managing relationships, i.e., managing the
emotions of others.
• 1. Develop Your Emotional Self-Awareness
• 2. Take Responsibility for Your Actions and
• 3. Remember – You Are Not Your Emotions
• 4. Put Yourself In The Other Person’s Shoes
• 5. Get Some Distance From The Bad Stuff
ADVANTAGES OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
• Improves relationships
• Improves communication with others
• Better empathy skills
• Acting with integrity
• Respect from others
• Manage change more confidently
• Emotional Intelligence is too vague a concept
• Emotional Intelligence cannot be measured
• Validity of Emotional Intelligence is suspect