Music magazine contents page codes and conventions
Music magazine codes and
Magazine contents pages
• Most magazine contents pages are laid out in a column structure.
• There are usually 3 columns and they all contain images or article
• There are usually at least 3 images on the contents page and they
always relate to an article inside the magazine.
• They are usually large and get the readers interest.
Image labels and numbers
• By every image there are numbers and text relating to the article.
• The numbers tell you which page the images related article is on and
the text explains the image.
• The text can also give an insight to the article to get the reader
Feature and regular content
• There are two types of articles that are included on the contents
• The feature articles are articles that are new and usually come first in
the list of content.
• Regular content are articles that are included in every issue.
• Most contents pages have multiple images that are linked to articles
in the magazine.
• They usually are linked with the mise en scene if the magazine so they
convey the theme of the magazine and its genre.