Things That Make Your Day
• From breakfast to work, shopping, recreation and
socializing - you use products and services
• How all these things reach you?
• All different things, but going through similar
processes to reach you.
• They originate at a source, go through a series of
processes of value addition with gradual
transformation into a product.
• Product which reaches a consumer like you and you
pay for the product.
Supply Chain >> A Continuous Flow
• Flow of Goods: From the farm to the kitchen
• Flow of Money: Value addition throughout
the supply chain
• Flow of Information: Orders, Inventories,
Shipments, Market Intelligence
21st Century – Technology Trends
• Drop in the cost of information exchange
• Process Integration / Enterprise Resource Planning.
• >> Led to changes in the business environment.
• >> Contributed to the development of supply chain
• >> Coordination among the members of the Supply
Chain C Network @ Speed of Thought.
SCM for an Entrepreneur
• SCM is an evolution of processes.
• Methods and tools that would manage, sustain and
grow the business.
• Establishing an integrated Supply Chain &
Customer - Procurement - Product Development –
Commercialization - Manufacturing Flow
Management - Physical Distribution - Performance
The Entrepreneurship Challenge
Balancing the SCM process within the limitations of
Finance, Infrastructure and Human Recourses.
• Initiatives at each stage - with courage, patience and
• Through efficient networking, joint ventures,
strategic alliances and business partnerships.
• Complementing processes with JIT, Lean
Manufacturing, Technology Innovations.
• Theory Of Constraints for start up venture >> to
Manage Resource Limitations
The Global Trading Village
• World Merchandise Exports:
1963: $ 157 Billion
2009: $ 13.2 Trillion
• Efficiency Improvement:
1980: Logistics represented 18% of US GDP
– Venue for peer contact and learning
– Eligible for certification maintenance
– Great way to learn from diversified
– Courtesy SME – Society of
Manufacturing Engineers, Toronto 26
• Spread the word
• Share opportunities
• Forward links to learning resources
• Invest in Professional Development
What goes around comes around
BRASI Training Helps Entrepreneurs
Achieve Their Potential
Connect with BRASI
Country Head India:
Mr. Sunil Garg, B. Tech, M. Tech (BHU-IT), MBA (IIFT)
Web: www.brasi.org / www.brasi.in
Phone: +91 98716 58884, 98688 77774,
Address: B- 105, Park View Apartment, Sector – 61,
Noida – 201305
– Increased Course Offerings
– Joint Training Programs
– Summer Internship Training
– Web casts for MBA Students
– 2 weeks vacation in Toronto
– Online CSCM program
– Lean Training programs
– Various programs