Who are they?
• The Harriots, are a 4 piece Indie band from Feltham.
• Childhood friends Carlo and Joe learnt to play guitar
together and played covers of songs that they loved.
• They then asked their other mates Dan and Harry
who had good ears for music and after teaching
them the songs, they asked them to join the band.
• With gigs lined up in various places in London and
What story will our documentary
• Our documentary will show a day in the
life of a local up and coming band.
• We will be following the band to show the
audience what consists of the bands day
• Inspiration from song lyrics
• Days in the recording studio
• Struggling to make it in the music industry.
• We have a few ideas of the
channels we would like to air
the program on such as
• MTV Rocks
• BBC Three
• ITV 2
• Normally broadcast the
coverage from festivals, such
as V Fest, Party in the Park,
Leeds & Reading. And music
Who will we interview?
• We will be interviewing all 4 band
• The fans that turn up to gigs.
• The music producer.
• Manager of the band.
What sort of Documentary will we
• We will be filming a day in the life
documentary, where we shadow the band
to discover group dynamics, fan base and
do they match up to normal youth
• We will try and get as much footage as
possible, and cross cutting between the
gig from an interview.
Repertoire Of Elements for
• Narratives: Final song or gig of making it,
whether they have a record amount of
people at a gig.
• Stock Setting: Pubs, Bars, Clubs, Behind
stage ‘Green Room’.
What will our Documentary and
print will look like?
• We will be presenting our documentary as an
observational “fly on the wall”
• With backstage interviews, days in the recording
studio, writing song lyrics.
• The main audience that we will target is
15-25 year old males and females.
• Socio-economic status B, C1, C2, D.
• There is already a solid group that follow
Indie music, so we wont have to work on
fixing a target audience, because there is
already a set audience.
What will our Print look like?
These are some examples of how
we can photograph the band on
our newspaper spread.