In this brand new tactical keynote, Aaron Ross will dive into the surprisingly few reasons that revenue growth stalls and stutters at even the best companies, no matter how hard they are pushing for it.
Where Sales Misses Out
YES!! Split “Inbound Sales Dev Reps” (inbound
lead qualification) from “Outbound Business Dev
YES!! Split Account Management from
Nail A Niche:
How Twilio Nailed A Billion-Dollar Niche By
Paid growth (like outbound) will fail
until you Nail A Niche
You want to escape word-of-mouth & brand dependency
How clear or confusing is your message?
We are a lean, agile team of consultants, analysts &
developers serving a market sector usually overlooked and
underserved by larger consulting firms: small and middle-
Your confusing your prospects!
(And your salespeople)
• MOBI: From 3-5 meetings per month to 30+ per month ($250k ACV)
• Kemberton: from failures to extra $1m Year 1
• Acquia: added extra $30m in 3 years (just sold to Vista $1b)
Zuora’s Outbound SDR Funnel
10 NEW ACCOUNT PLANS 200–400 CONTACTS ADDED
600 DIALS (30/DAY) 1200 NEW COLD EMAILS.
16 “ARE WE A FIT CALLS”
4 SALES ACCPT OPP’S (20% WIN RATE)
2 TECH DEMOS
1. Clean separation of “Inbound SDRs” and prospectors
2. Prospectors matched to 1-3 specific Salespeople/AEs
3. Comp on “Accepted Opportunities” and/or Revenue
4. CRM: use “Accounts”, not “Leads,” for outbound
5. Managers: no more than 10 reports
6. Territories (geo or not) required!
Some “SalesDev Operating System” Highlights
Focus, Quality, Scalability
To (Re)Ignite Growth
1. Slow Down: are you trying to skip predictable growth systems?
2. Sales Specialization: Add another role
3. Nail A Niche: Stop guessing, learn to read their minds (ex:
4. Predictable Leadgen:
- Not doing outbound? Assign 1 person to make a plan
- Doing outbound? Fix dashboards + ‘SalesDev Operating
“Best Business Book I’ve Ever Read”
“The Growth Bible of Silicon Valley”