The company that has its presence in almost 30 countries
and partnerships in about 20 more, had a very humble
beginning in Berkshire, United Kingdom.
Vodafone the 3rd largest telecom company both by number
of subscribers and the total revenues had its roller coaster journey
right from the day of inception.
• Throughout its history Vodafone has remained committed
to offering the best services to its customers. It runs on a
philosophy of ‘Power to You’ which means the company strives
to empower the customer by offering various services tailored to
match his needs. The company always strives to innovate and
bring out new offerings to its customers.
• The company later saw some major mergers. In 1999, it merged
with AirTouch Communications to form the world’s largest
mobile telephony company. Vodafone entered India in
2007 and by 2011, acquired a controlling stake in
Vodafone India. In 2015 Vodafone had acquired
100% stake in its Indian operations.
• Product : features and benefits of a good or
• Price : the cost of good or service
• Place : where the good or service can be bought
• Promotion : how customer are made aware of the
good or service
• People : target consumers
• Physical Evidence : the physical environment
• Process : procedures, mechanisms flow of
• Product with different features are provided to the customers such as:
Sims card ( Corporate & Individual)
Data cards (Dongle)
Microsoft office 360
• Vodafone operates its business through its own stores such as
Vodafone gallery , Mini store.
• It also sells through independent retailers.
• Vodafone also sells its product and services through Channel
• Vodafone’s product and services are competitively priced
and easily accessible to as many people as possible.
• Offers various price structure to suit different customers.
• It offers postpaid and prepaid options as well as different
• Advertising on TV.
• On billboards.
• In magazines and in other outlets.
• Stores have special offers, promotions and posters to attract those
inside the store to buy.
• Vodafone actively develops good public relations by sending press
releases to national newspapers and magazines to explain new
products and ideas.
• Vodafone – “ WE PEOPLE ”
• Aims to attract, develop and retain the very best people.
• The Board of Directors
• The Employees
• The Target customers
• Logo of Vodafone
• Easily identified by its looks
• Ambience of its gallery and mini stores.
• Process innovations and continuous improvement through
• Process for services is very easy and customer can avail it
• 199 is the customer support no. which can be dialed from
anywhere in India.
Internal marketing(enabling the promise)
• Marketing to employees.
• Involves training, motivational and teamwork programs, and all
communication with employees.
• Performed to enable employees to perform the service
effectively, and keep up the promise made to the customer.
• The expectations of the customers that are created by the
external environment must be met by the employees of the
firm who interact with the customers.
• It builds corporate image.
What Vodafone do?
LIVING THE VODAFONE WAY
•What is Vodafone way??
The Vodafone Way sets out a consistent way of
working for all employees to deliver exceptional
customer service(see feature below). It is supported by
their Code of Conduct which sets out the high ethical
standards all employees must uphold.
• Every employee is expected to work in The Vodafone Way.
This is included in their performance objectives and assessed
annually. Those demonstrating outstanding commitment
to it are recognized as The Vodafone Way Heroes.
• The Vodafone way focuses on:
1. speed: bringing products and services to market quickly and
prioritizing the things that really matter.
2. simplicity: making things simpler for our
customers, business partners and colleagues.
3. trust: acting with honesty, integrity and
fairness, being reliable and transparent
and valuing the confidence that
people place in us as a company.
External marketing(setting the promise)
• Vodfone had a very strong brand personality. The
slogan “Wherever you go our network follows’ was
closely tied up with the Hutch – Pug campaign. The
Hutch network was personified as the adorable pug
dog following the owner, who is normally a very cute
• The company simply tried to relate the dog with the
Network service they are providing. Which means the
network will follow you wherever you go.
Vodafone has given
birth to the Zoo zoo:
a special character
to convey a value
added service (VAS)
offering in each of
the newly released
Interactive marketing(delivering the promise)
Face to face
Phone encounter Remote encounter
Face to face encounter
• The company has further enhanced its nationwide
footprint of branded stores by opening 200 Vodafone stores
and 1,000 Vodafone Mini Stores across the country since April
2014, thus further cementing its position as not only India’s
largest retailer in the telecom industry but being counted
amongst the foremost players actively
engaged in the holistic development of
India’s rapidly growing retail sector.
• Vodafone is leading telecom industry with more than
700+ customer care service providers in India with different
BPO’s. One can simply dial 121 and can get connected to the
customer care services through their Phones to solve any queries
regarding the sim, network, recharge, balance
• My Vodafone app is a one-stop destination for managing
your Vodafone account, bill payments, mobile recharges,
buying bonus cards and checking usage. You can discover your
exclusive 121 offers for recharge packs, internet plans
(4G/3G/2G) etc. If you are not a Vodafone customer, you can
buy a new Vodafone connection or send mobile number
portability (MNP) request. The app comes
with enhanced capabilities and features for postpaid users.
•Be in complete control of your usage and spends –
Vodafone Consumer Behavior
Generally most of the subscribers are students and teenagers.
Majority of the subscriber recalled the brands they used.
The tariff plans, advertisements and family and friends has
huge impact over the subscribers. Most of them opted to
Vodafone because it is cost effective.
Roaming services on prepaid are highly utilized.
Majority of the subscriber prefer Vodafone when compared
to competitors because they feel Vodafone is economical.
60% of the consumer said Vodafone is good.
78% of the consumers do prefer to switch their brand.
With a major chunk users being teenagers it makes the
situation more dynamic and he helps to create a niche
market in itself.
In case of parameters of selection, customer or subscriber
will first look at the tariffs , network coverage and then
The company should have exciting offers with the
services they provide.