• International Friendship Day is a day for
celebrating friendship. The day has been celebrated
in several southern South American countries for
many years, particularly in Paraguay, where the first
World Friendship Day was proposed in
1958.Friendship Day was originally promoted
by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark cards in 1930,
intended to be 2 August and a day when people
celebrated their friendships by sending cards. In
India it is celebrated on every first Sunday of August
• The day is all about to make your friends feel
special and let them know how much they
• It is about to cherish your friendships, ups
and downs that have been followed through
together and how love for each other will be
retained for years to come
HOW THE CELEBRATION
• EXCHANGING FRIENDSHIP BANDS…
Friendship Day is celebrated with fun and
enthusiasm by sending cards, gifts and flowers to
close friends. A popular custom includes giving pink
and yellow roses to your friends who've been there
when you needed them. A cultural phenomenon
related to this event is the Friendship band that
teenagers gift to their friends as a symbol of their
friendship and bond that they want to cherish
The benefits of having a friendship bracelet is you
are both expressing your commitment to one
INTERESTING IDEAS TO MARK
THE SPECIAL DAY
• Cards and wishes: Greetings cards are a great way to send best wishes to your friends and make them feel special
on Friendship Day. Browse through Friendship Day e-cards and choose the one that can best convey your feelings
for your friends.
• SMS and Online Messages: Instead of a card, you can send friendship messages through SMS on this important
occasion. If your friends have a Twitter or Facebook account, you can post your messages there.
• Friendship Day Gifts: You don't need to give an expensive gift to your friend on Friendship Day, but a thoughtful
present to your friends can brighten their day and make them feel important.
• Scrapbook- You can create a memory journal yourself by putting together a scrapbook of all of your thoughts
about the lovely memories you share with your friends. You can paste photos of your friends in the scrapbook to
make it a personalized gift for your friends.
• Photo frame - Alternatively, you can gift a photo frame with a cheerful photo of your friend along with you.
• Flowers - An interesting idea for Friendship Day gifts include a bunch of yellow sunflowers that symbolize the
depth of your bond with your friend.
• Coffee Mugs - If your friend loves to drink tea or coffee, you may gift them a ceramic mug with floral designs and a
message that conveys all the good wishes you have for that
SOME OF THE BEST BUY’S FOR
SOME OF THE BEST BUY’S FOR